Maddog Manufacturing 2018 Production

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: Maddog Manufacturing 2018 Production

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice builds Mark! Really liking the A-10 and Tomcats. :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos! I do seem to specialize in quantity quite well. I appreciate your compliments. I am also loving the Churchill. I hope to get more done on it soon.

Thanks Stuart! You are too kind. I appreciate your compliments. You are right, that Airfix Gazelle is a real sod. It took me forever to strategically apply weight in the front to make it sit on the skids. Now I need to fix one because the piece just wouldn't stay glued.

The A-10 kit is done by Hasegawa. I'm doing a review of it here:

http://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtop ... 643#p66643

Thanks Johnny! I appreciate the compliments on my work. I knew about the cracking caps, but this bottle exploding was a first.

Carlos I don't believe I ever left this one in the sun where it could get direct sunlight. Still, it was a very old bottle so it is quite possible. I stopped using it for a while in lieu of Solvaset, but I found that when I use the Micro Scale Liquid Decal Film over old decals; this Micro-Sol works better on those decals. I've gone back to using it now, at least on decals covered with Micro Scale Liquid Decal Film.

Thanks Medic! I actually cannot wait to finish those two Tomcats and the A-10!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:writing: Micro Sol has better results over decals coated with Micro Scale Decal Film compared to Solvaset... duly noted...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Okay, here's my latest progress. This is all I have done in the past week so it's a small update.

Okay, now to begin. Again, we start with my aircraft...

After spraying another coat of white primer on my Boeing 737; I found some more spots that still needed some attention:

Once they were dry, sanded down and smoothed out, I shot another coat of white primer:

I think I'm starting to finally move forward on this. We'll see though. I still need to shoot a gloss coat on this and find the decals I want to use so there's still plenty of time to screw this up again.....

Moving along, I got all the stencils applied to the A-10:

Later I clearcoated this again to seal the stencils in and then applied the rest of the markings:

I also had gloss coated the two F-14 Tomcats in preparation for decals on those two. Here they are all painted up and glossed up for decals:

I started with the F-14-A and applied the decals to it. They took so long that I ran out of time to start the F-14-B:

One decal that I know of silvered on the tail so I'll be fixing that soon.

Moving along from there, I went back to fix the Marine Cobra... again. I first shot black on the tail, then masked it off:

Later I shot the medium green on this:

Now it is finally looking like it is ready for decals:

Since I was working on helicopters at that time, I pulled out my Australian HAP Tigre and painted up the cockpit. Then I closed it up inside the two fuselage halves and added the canopy to the cockpit. Then I added many of the other bits and bobs that this needed. Now this is almost ready to be masked off and painted:

Moving on to my armor, I decided to pull out a small Russian truck that I'd started some time ago and had been sitting around taking up space. It was time to get this further along. So, I glued part of the main cab together after cutting and installing new axles that would fit the wheels better:

You can see I also painted the interior. Then I built the bed in back and dry-fit it to the chassis to see how it would look:

Not bad, but I was bothered by how the cab and the nose were fitting on that chassis. So, I cut everything off and re-glued it into a better position. Now this looks better, and allows the rear bed to fit better too:

Now that truck can move onto the paint booth.

Speaking of moving something to the paint booth, I finally added all the bits and bobs to the M-109, as well as the rear half of the last roadwheel (that goes where the axle was short-shot) so this bad boy is ready for paint as well:

Later I'll add all the easily breakable parts to this to finish it off.

Then, in order to participate in a small scale armor Group Build on the SoCal AMPS website and forums, I pulled out something that I've been wanting to work on for awhile. This is the MAN 5-ton truck used by the German Army. I already have the 7-ton and 10-ton MAN trucks, so this was needed to complete the set. I started out by building the chassis:

Then I moved on to start the cab. I won't finish this entirely until I can get the interior painted and the windows mounted:

Don't worry, that gear shift will be fixed.....

Later on I built the rear bed and then dry-fit the three assemblies together:

This is gonna be one cool little truck.

Finally, that BMP-3 I got was also calling my name, despite the obscene amount of P/E inside the kit. So, I pulled it out and started the turret first:

That's as far as I got before it called for P/E parts to go on next. I wasn't ready to tackle P/E in the short amount of time I had at the IPMS OC Build Night. So, I moved on again. This time I started the lower hull since that was a fairly straightforward assembly:

I left the little sprue pieces in between the hatch openings to help support that rear plate. I think I will be opening all these hatches given the extent of the interior inside this thing.

That's as far as I got on that before Build Night ended. So, that is where I shall pick up again this coming week; God willing and the crick don't rise....

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Good stuff Mark! I was glad to see you work on these last nite.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos! It was a thrill to be building with you. Someday soon we'll have to pull Bruce out of his cave to join us!

Stay tuned, hopefully more to come.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:Thanks Carlos.... Someday soon we'll have to pull Bruce out of his cave to join us..
I still remember what Uncle Sam taught me to do for such occasions... :whistle:

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Tomcat...

:wub:

Excellent progress, Sir Duke!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Awesome work as always Duke!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks guys! I truly appreciate your compliments.

Carlos, just give the word; I'll be happy to muster for that!

Bruce, stay tuned; I might even have more done on those Tomcats.

Medic, thanks again! Hopefully more progress soon. Stay tuned!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Member's Gallery”