Maddog Manufacturing 2018 Production

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Maddog Manufacturing 2018 Production

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Medic! I'm trying... :bag:

Thanks Carlos! I'd like this 737 myself if I could only get it done! As for the finished models, I did reference that in my post and I'll hopefully get them shot and posted soon. Thanks for the kick in the pants to get this done. :giggles: :whiteflag:

Thanks Kari! I don't have the patience either, that is why I was working on all the other models at the same time. :lashed:

Thanks Blacksheep. That Lince is actually about one inch long. Maybe an inch and an eighth at most.

speedgraflex wrote:Image

Here's one source, although I feel you could pull the AA "Tulip" logo down from an online file and make your own.
Thanks Bruce, that is exactly what I need. It isn't the tulip logo I'm worried about; the blue on the 'window' decal is what smeared when I tried to wipe it off. Do you have a more direct link before that goes away? Either that or purchase it for me and I'll pay you back when I deliver your Hellcat. Either way, I do need to get that.

Carlos, it does. I do see some small differences though. I should look deeper into the history of this vehicle to see if it was influenced by the Dingo. I think I even have an ACE Dingo in the stash somewhere....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Bruce! I ordered two. Given my current luck with this aircraft, I figured I needed the extra since I'm sure to screw it up again!

I expect to see these by November 26th; then I'll get going on that Boeing again....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:

Carlos, it does. I do see some small differences though. I should look deeper into the history of this vehicle to see if it was influenced by the Dingo. I think I even have an ACE Dingo in the stash somewhere....
This is interesting....

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/I ... -lince.php
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Ah, so we were both right. They did copy captured vehicles.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:Ah, so we were both right. They did copy captured vehicles.
Yup... and now I know why Miniart released a version of their kit in mainland Europe German markings & camo with German crew figures. The DAK one captured makes sense, (especially in 1942 up until first Alamein) but the one in European colors had thrown me for a loop. I just could not see them evacuating captured stuff for combat use at the end of the North Africa campaign. They left too much useful good stuff behind, to give priority to this type over say a far superior Sd.kfz.222 scout car.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Duke! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Bruce!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Bruce, can you contact this guy and ask where my second one is? I tried contacting him, but it requires me to sign up or log in. I don't want to sign up just to contact one guy. I had ordered two but only received one. If he has no more in stock, please ask him to refund me the cost of the one he couldn't send.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Great looking builds as usual Mark.

I take it the 737 is 1/72? What kit is it?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Member's Gallery”