The Duke's 2018 Year in Review.

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke's 2018 Year in Review.

Post by Duke Maddog »

Well, it looks like I'm the first to post their Year in Review of all the models they've finished during 2018.

Well, despite all the health and other issues I've had this past year, I did surprisingly well this year. Without further ado, here is my Year in Review showing all my mostly mediocre models built during this past year. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

I'll start with all my aircraft in order of time built:

Hobby Boss 1/72 scale F-15E Strike Eagle:

Meng 1/72 scale F-102 Delta Dagger:

Airfix 1/72 scale South African Mirage F.1CZ:

Airfix 1/72 scale British Gazelle:

Special Hobby 1/72 scale Marine AH-1G Cobra:

Hasegawa 1/72 scale Italian AV-8B Harrier:

Hasegawa 1/72 scale Italian F-16 Fighting Falcon:

Hasegawa 1/72 scale F-14A Tomcat "Jolly Rogers":

Hasegawa 1/72 scale F-14B "Bombcat" "Jolly Rogers":

Hasegawa 1/72 scale Japanese Mitsubishi F-2A Fighter:

Ancient Airfix 1/72 scale Saunders Roe SR-53 experimental aircraft:

Hobby Boss 1/72 scale Australian HAP Tigre:

Monogram 1/72 scale Boeing 737:

That is all my aircraft from this year. 13 is not a bad run of models there. I was hoping for more to be finished but I'm very pleased with this result.

Now on to my armor....

Modelcollect 1/72 scale Russian T-80U Main Battle Tank:

IBG 1/72 scale Japanese Type 89 Late tank:

Modelcollect 1/72 scale Russian T-80UM1 Main Battle Tank:

AER Moldova 1/72 scale Russian ZIS-5 Wood Cab Cargo Truck:

Revell of Germany 1/72 scale German MAN 5-ton General Purpose Truck:

Revell of Germany 1/72 scale German M-109G Self Propelled Gun:

Roden 1/72 scale WWI British Vauxhall Ambulance:

Airfix 1/72 scale British BSA M-20 Motorcycle:

Airfix 1/72 scale RAF Tilly:

Airfix 1/72 scale Bedford MWC Tanker Truck:

Airfix 1/72 scale Churchill Bridgelayer tank:

ACE 1/72 scale Kurogane Pickup Truck:

Dragon 1/72 scale M-998 Humvee troop carrier:

Dragon 1/72 scale M-998 Humvee Gun Truck:

Dragon 1/72 scale StuG III Ausf A:

Military Wheels 1/72 scale German Volkswagen Type 230/3:

Military Wheels 1/72 scale German Volkswagen Type 825:

Military Wheels 1/72 scale German Volkswagen Type 60:

PST 1/72 scale Russian ZIS-5 Fire Truck:

Hobby Boss 1/72 scale German Br-57 Panzerlok Armored Engine and Tender:

Roden 1/72 scale WWI US Army 8-inch Howitzer:

RPM 1/72 scale MACK Cargo Truck (1500th model):

ACE 1/72 scale Italian Lince Armored Car:

Riich Models 1/72 scale M-992 Armored Artillery Support Vehicle:

That's all my armor for this year. 24 is pretty good, right about right for me. Quite a few additions to the collection this year....

Last but not least, I also completed some Ships. Here are the three ships launched form my shipyards:

Pit Road 1/700 scale USS Bootes AK-99 Liberty Ship:

Pit Road 1/700 scale Japanese Fleet Oiler Erimo:

Dragon 1/700 scale HMS Daring:

Three ships is respectable, considering how difficult they are for me.

That completes my list of all my models for 2018, although not in the order they were built. The final count for this year's productivity is 40 models finished. That's pretty good! It's a bit below my average, but with all the health issues I've had; I'm quite surprised I finished this many! Yay!

I hope you enjoyed this ride. Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Re: The Duke's 2018 Year in Review.

Post by tempestjohnny »

Still had a great year Marc. Can't wait for next year.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Johnny! Yes, this is a respectable count given my health issues this year. I'm hoping I can far surpass this count next year.

Now go post your Year in Review!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, that was a very productive year I would say. Perhaps not as fruitful as some years past. But still a more than respectable number of completions. And some beautiful builds among them especially considering that there are some award winners there!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Mark—what a wild ride. The scope is unprecedented. The countries represented are as diverse as the subjects are as diverse as the different kinds of manufacturers. You handle all of these differences without varying the degree of your own efforts. If anyone I know defines "stick to it" it is you. I know some of these were bears to complete. I believe nearly all held degrees of difficulty that would intimidate, but these works all together show fearlessness. You are one fearless flyer, Mark. The work shows this as clearly as it shows your curiosity, intellect and wellhoned skills. I miss the one or two items of whimsy or kits from days gone past—is that the venerable Aurora 737 "Jumbojet," I see? Perhaps there is something about seeing that subject amongst all of these, that makes me smile and tip my hat in appreciation of a year well lived despite health issues. I tip my hat to you, Mark. You truly are one of a kind.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

A total of 40 kits in all.... Bravo! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Considering your health issues, I'd say that it was a DAMN fine year. You far out paced me by a long shot!! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Duke Maddog wrote:Thanks Johnny! Yes, this is a respectable count given my health issues this year. I'm hoping I can far surpass this count next year.

Now go post your Year in Review!
My bench has been packed up since June. My year has been spent buying more kits :whistle:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you all for your incredible words. What amazing tributes that I do not feel worthy of receiving.

Carlos, thank you. I am pleased that I got this many done. In point of fact, I was quite surprised. I had thought it was far less. Yes, some of these did place; I guess I was just in the right 'zone' to make them award worthy. :lashed:

Bruce, I am honored beyond measure. I never expected that anyone would see all you saw in my efforts this past year. I feel so unworthy of such accolades. I do try to stick with it as you say; my father impressed upon me the importance of finishing what I start. It is something that I struggle with all the time; even outside of model building. Yes, that is the venerable Aurora kit of the Boeing 737, it was actually a re-pop from Monogram. All that was changed was the box; the parts were all vintage Aurora. There was even an Aurora copyright stamp in the insides of one of the wing parts! Thank you once again Bruce!

Thanks Blacksheep! As I mentioned above; I was quite surprised to finish this many. Thanks for stopping in!

Medic, I agree, thank you ever so much. I had thought all those health issues would have slowed me down considerably more than they did. I still feel like they did, but I'm more than thrilled with this year's productivity. We have a new year coming up, maybe you want to try and meet half my productivity! LOL! :lashed:

Johnny, there's no shame in that. This new Year just might find you getting that bench unpacked and some models flowing from it. I'm glad that, despite having everything packed; you are still checking out these boards and posting here. I look forward to your potential new projects in the coming year.

Thanks again everyone for the great comments you posted. Happy New Year to all; may everyone be this productive in the hobby and in their lives!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Blooming 'eck Mark - That is a very respectable years worth of work, well done!

There are indeed some stunners in there to be proud of!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Member's Gallery”