Berlin Express "Catch 22" 1/32 Hk Models B-25J

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Paul
Addicted Member

Berlin Express "Catch 22" 1/32 Hk Models B-25J

Post by Paul »

Some of you may have been wondering what I have been up to these past few weeks well I was fighting this kit trying to get it ready for Soonercon on the 8TH of June. I should have really started this earlier but as it is with all the fit issues and my mistakes. As it sits right now it is close to complete with the fiddly bits and a few color touch ups. One of the big issues was the nose weight which is supposed to take 85 grams but I put close to 100 and it barely sits on the nose gear. I had inadvertently broke off the nose gear just above the curve of the strut from the tire to the oleo. I used some Hypo cement to put the broken part together and let it set for about 24 hours then coated it with CA to reinforce the part to keep it from moving laterally.

The theme of the show is Holly Wood so I chose to do "Catch 22". I purchased the Model's World decal set that contained two selections, Berlin Express and Dumbo. to get a more correctly scale prop I bought a set of resin propeller blades by Loon models from Roll Models and those were the only a.m. I put into the kit. I suggest that if you have this kit or are planning on buying it in the near future that you do some serious pre-fitting before the glue that way you can avoid those "supersizes'.

LyleW
Admin

Re: Berlin Express "Catch 22" 1/32 Hk Models B-25J

Post by LyleW »

I like it! The B-25 is such a good lookin' aircraft both real and in scale form. Well done/
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

LyleW wrote:I like it! The B-25 is such a good lookin' aircraft both real and in scale form. Well done/
:that: :beau:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Really good looking B-25 Paul. It's great to see you hangin' back around here buddy.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

What a build! Congratulations!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That is looking mighty sharp! I can’t wait to see it all finished. I haven’t seen Catch-22 in so long that I can only remember bits and pieces of it.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Hmmm... Carlos should do a B-25 kit. I can visualize him going all out as he’s done with his Marauder.
By the way... did I ever told you I love that Marauder kit of yours? :lashed:

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Paul, what brand kit was it that gave you fit issues? Not sure if I missed it in your first post. You did mention using AM parts and decals. A fine build indeed.

keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Looks great. I like the finish so far. Bummer about the nose gear - bet there were a few choice words there! I have yet to watch Catch 22 but am a big fan of the B-25
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

To everybody, thank you for your gracious comments. The kit is the HK models 1/32 B-25

Return to “Member's Gallery”