Maddog Manufacturing 2020 Production

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Floki
Elite Member

Re: Maddog Manufacturing 2020 Production

Post by Floki »

Great progress Duke! It's seems if possible you kicked your building speed up a another notch
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Man you sure have been one busy bee there Mark! You are taking too much advantage of this social distancing... :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Cracking work all around Mark!

There seems to be a thing about large aircraft builds on here at the Moment - what with Lyles C-54 and his Spruce Goose - mind you that AN-124 take the prize - I assume 1/144 not 1/72?

Great looking small scale armour too - they all look fantastic! (and I did like that UH-1 too).

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Floki! With nothing better to do, why not? I have so many projects going; it's time to get a few done.
Stikpusher wrote:Man you sure have been one busy bee there Mark! You are taking too much advantage of this social distancing... :giggles:
Thanks Carlos! Like your pic said: "We practiced for this!" Besides, with everyone hunkering down, nobody is calling me to fix their homes. Since the bars, restaurants and movie theaters are all closed; there's nothing elsde to do but build, build, paint and build. :giggles: :lashed:

Thanks Stuart! I started all my large aircraft because the large boxes are taking up too much space. At least when the planes are done I can hang them from the ceiling to get them out of the way. That's not so effective for boxes....

Oh, and the AN-124, that is 1/72 scale. I won't do 1/144 scale; it just doesn't look right in my collection of 1/72 scale aircraft. Thanks also for the compliment on my small scale armor. I'm within spitting distance of 800 finished vehicles....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

That An-124 is 1/72? Damn that's gonna be huge!!! Nice work on the builds. :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yes it is. If you look far enough back on the "Latest Acquisitions" Thread, you'll see the thing sitting on my workbench: first the box, then the box and fuselage and finally a shot of it with the wings dry-fit. Yeah, that is gonna be one massive plane!

Thanks for the compliments on the rest. Now to try and get the finished pics edited and posted.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Bloody hell Mark - that's going to be MASSIVE!!! :whiteflag:

Is that the kit with the composite wings?

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yes, and the fiberglass composite fuselage. I am making all the plastic sub-assemblies now so I can put everything together later.

Stay tuned.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Very cool! How are you :quotes: gluing :quotes: it together?

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

portman wrote:Very cool! How are you :quotes: gluing :quotes: it together?

I was thinking the most effective way would be a two-part epoxy, given the amount of weight on the wings in particular. I'm thinking it would hold up better than regular CA glue. Fortunately, the kit gives me some metal rods to reinforce the wing joints.

Stay tuned, more to come.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Member's Gallery”