Portman Productions 2020

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
mustang1989

Re: Portman Productions 2020

Post by mustang1989 »

I didn't mean to be too much of a downer about it Stuart. Ol' Carlos is right about just seeing her through to the end. Ultimately it's how much fun that we can get out of building the impossible sometimes. I've got a couple of builds that came from REALLY shabby kits and the mere fact that I finished them and how they came out in my eyes was more than worth the effort. On the other hand I have had a few that were just flat out …..unbuildable. :whiteflag:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stuart, the Ark is looking good so far. Thanks for the memories; I built one decades ago.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

mustang1989 wrote:I didn't mean to be too much of a downer about it Stuart. Ol' Carlos is right about just seeing her through to the end. Ultimately it's how much fun that we can get out of building the impossible sometimes. I've got a couple of builds that came from REALLY shabby kits and the mere fact that I finished them and how they came out in my eyes was more than worth the effort. On the other hand I have had a few that were just flat out …..unbuildable. :whiteflag:
Hey no worries Jim - I know where you were coming form.

I DO think this kit is perfectly buildable - and I WILL build it - but it's going to take a bit of effort to get there. As I said, I think in hindsight I should have gone for an early pressing, just so there wasn't as much flash on the small parts. I might still do that - just to get decent cranes and what-not and just carry on using the hull I'm building. At least that would give me two sets of aircraft to play with. :hmm:

I think this is going to be one of those builds that just sits on the bench and gets little bits done here and there when I feel like it.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Coming soon to a bench near me...

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Nice!! I really need an Apache. One of the few helos I don't have that I really want to build.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: Nice! 1/48 Apaches are pretty good sized!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Medicman71 wrote:Nice!! I really need an Apache. One of the few helos I don't have that I really want to build.
Stikpusher wrote::shoutout: Nice! 1/48 Apaches are pretty good sized!
Thanks Guys - I'm entering a 'Tank Killers' GB on another forum and this seemed to fit the bill nicely. I haven't built one since the mid 80's so it'll be nice to revisit it. I've actually got two kits on order so I can rob the Hellfires off the 2nd kit and load it out with sixteen.

I've also picked up an Eduard PE set (for the Hasegawa kit) as I hear the cockpit is a bit basic.

Looking forward to it.

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

One of the kits turned up today so I'll get some photo's up - it is a big bird in 1/48 isn't it!

Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Right up my alley Stuart. Ships and modern planes.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You’re looking to do something like this?

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Member's Gallery”