Shark Week Hammerhead edition

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
keavdog
Elite Member

Shark Week Hammerhead edition

Post by keavdog »

A guy over on FSM (Sharknutz) posted his hammerhead and a couple of us bought the same kit. Some of the most beautifully cast resin I've ever seen. Super fun project - I'm going to see what else he has. Here's my hammerhead

As usual - Purrcilla had to photobomb

Thanks,
John
LyleW
Admin

Re: Shark Week Hammerhead edition

Post by LyleW »

That looks great!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Purcila says they taste like swordfish :tease:

That’s a cool build! Definitely off the beaten path for here.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's a cool looking project - it does look like a very nicely bit of casting.

Purrcilla is excellent!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

What a beauty! Me likes sharks. And cats.
You nailed that paint job with its subtle transitions. Not an easy thing to pull off.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

mostrich wrote:What a beauty! Me likes sharks. And cats.
Hunters! :ballbat:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Thanks for the kind words. This is a painters dream. Assembly is a quick job and very little filling. I used the double action airbrush that came with my compressor to do some 'preshading?' with black. No two sharks are alike I suppose so I just hit a couple different spots. Cool little airbrush - need to figure out how to regulate the pressure on the compressor. It's belly has the same white as my F-4J ..lol and it's topsides are flat black preshade followed by light and heavy coats of mr color 317 navy gray. I have airplane paint... I use airplane paint :giggles:
Thanks,
John
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I love it! That is a magnificent job on that shark. Your cat is beautiful too.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

keavdog wrote:Thanks for the kind words. This is a painters dream. Assembly is a quick job and very little filling. I used the double action airbrush that came with my compressor to do some 'preshading?' with black. No two sharks are alike I suppose so I just hit a couple different spots. Cool little airbrush - need to figure out how to regulate the pressure on the compressor. It's belly has the same white as my F-4J ..lol and it's topsides are flat black preshade followed by light and heavy coats of mr color 317 navy gray. I have airplane paint... I use airplane paint :giggles:
Maybe it’s a navy shark... a unit that takes Missions too classified for SEALs

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:Maybe it’s a navy shark... a unit that takes Missions too classified for SEALs
Hey, now! :rofl:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Member's Gallery”