1/32 Horten Ho 229 - Zoukei-mura

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: 1/32 Horten Ho 229 - Zoukei-mura

Post by Thomas_M »

You see my blush, my friends!
wjkunert wrote:Beautiful work Thomas. I notice you posed the spoilers closed. I wish I had done that. They were a real pain to attach open.
Those also needed some TLC to attach them closed... But I thought they would not be open on the ground, so they got closed.
Can you still remover the wing attachment pins? I failed to notice they were all different and eventually had to glue them in place. All in all It was a fun aircraft to build, especially the engines. Yours look great.
No, the outer wings are fixed. I first had them attached using those pins, but the wings had way too much flex. I see two ways of doing the outer wings: completely off, or fixed to the center fuselage forever.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Some glamour shots I just found:

Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Beautiful job on both- I would've never thought the 229 was smaller than an 88...no idea why in retrospect...I just assumed it'd be bigger...maybe from that Raiders of the Lost Ark scene ;)

I walked through an HE-111 years ago right before it crashed and parked right next to a B-17 there was a noticeable difference. Plus the 111 was much more cramped than the 17
Mike
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Mike, the He 111 was a much smaller aircraft than a B-17. Comparable maybe with a B-25.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, the B-25 and He-111 filled similar niches... or the Wellington. Although the 111 seems to have more wing area chord wise as opposed to span wise...
I've never seen a 111 in person, but have seen most US WWII bomber types in person at Air shows or flyovers with the exceptions of the Havoc and Marauder.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Glamor shots are incredible, Thomas! I bumped this gallery up because of the absolutely gorgeous modeling work you have done with this incredible kit!

:shoutout:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

Beautiful work on detailing the engines. ZM did a good job of making the fuselage skeleton fairly easy to assemble. Good instructions. It seems almost a shame to cover the inner framework. I've built 3 of their aircraft and consider them top of the line for fit and detail. I'm eagerly awaiting the ZM F 4E.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Good Gravy! Every time I see these interior shots I am overwhelmed by what you have achieved!

:shoutout:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Member's Gallery”