Stik's Motor Pool- updated 2/4/24, pg.7

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
LyleW
Admin

Re: Stik's Motor Pool- updated 2/5, page 4

Post by LyleW »

It is a stunning collection and one that I'm sure you are proud of. Who would have thought to keep this stuff! I blew all my young-day builds up!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Lyle. You are far too kind. Ya know I disposed of most armor kits that I built as a youngster except for the handful at the opening of this thread. And probably another half dozen or more that I have built as an adult since then... And several of these you've seen here so far are slated for replacement after I saw their current condition... My stash has them covered...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, a day or two has turned into four years... :whistle: :headslap:

The next stage was delayed firstly by an accident that happened to several kits that were up next to be photographed. They were knocked down from where I had them sitting for the next photo session and were damaged. I still have yet to repair them. But I did begin to dust off and photograph some of the others yesterday....

These were all built between 1994 and 2006 or so...

Zvezda T-35/76 Model 1943

Tamiya T-34/76 Model 1942, uparmored, w/Zvezda crew figures

Zvezda T-34/85

Tamiya SU-122

More to come over the next few weeks... I am not too happy with the my current photo area lighting upstairs. I need to find a better spot. And background item...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Re: Stik's Motor Pool- updated 1/24/19, page 5

Post by speedgraflex »

These new photos were well worth the wait, Carlos! Truly. I went back to page one of your motor pool where your early work is documented—doing a “Then and Now” approach for added measure. Your work has always featured such wonderful finishes! These latest are certainly no exception. Beautiful.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Bruce. I am happy to get them photographed and preserved for all time this way. It’s interesting to see how I have changed my “look” over the years.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

These look great! I realize I haven't updated my similar thread in ages as well. I'm so far behind on taking pics and getting them posted that it might be too big a job for me. I might try it though.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, it’s gonna take me awhile to,get this finished up. Just the dusting alone is a chore... and like I said earlier, the lighting sucks in here. Trying to get decent photos... :headslap:

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Those Russian armor are cool! I like the clean lines of them.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Tom, when you take off the various add on external fittings like stowage boxes and fuel cans, Russian tank designs are usually pretty clean. They sure adhered to the KISS principal for the most part.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:Mark, it’s gonna take me awhile to,get this finished up. Just the dusting alone is a chore... and like I said earlier, the lighting sucks in here. Trying to get decent photos... :headslap:
I know how that is! Imagine trying to dust off 1500 models and shooting pics of them in sucky light! Yeah, the lighting sucks here too. On top of that, I have no place to set up a decent photo booth.

Good luck. I will wait, it's worth it.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Member's Gallery”