Model Mania 2021

list upcoming events, post pictures of events that have taken place.
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Model Mania 2021

Post by keavdog »

Glad to here the turn out was good. IPMS is tough in terms of judging. Always good to put something on the table though! I like the little Osprey - building the 1/48 scale one currently. Maybe it would make a nice addition :giggles:
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Who needs the stress. If you win, then you have to worry about keeping at the same level the next time! That's my logic :whistle:
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

This is very true! Then people expect even more out of you! :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

jeaton01 wrote:Who needs the stress. If you win, then you have to worry about keeping at the same level the next time! That's my logic :whistle:
Very true! I would like to place just once in jets since that's what I do.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Every dog has his day Mike. Keep on swinging! :ballbat:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

It's been a while since I've been to that show but I do remember there being a ton of good competition there. Hang with it Mike as you build some very good models. Just wasn't your time this go round buddy.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Mike that must have been some seriously stiff competition. Your jets are beyond incredible! I know that someday you will place, you're too good not to.
Medicman71 wrote:Personally the tractor should have been with the auto guys. And it depends on what show you go to. I think it's IPMS-National rules that have a "misc aircraft" and a "humor" categories.
Our IPMS Orangecon also has a "Humor" category for those egg planes, toon tanks, Girlz und Panzer tanks and anything else someone does to to make you laugh or smile. And yeah, we probably would have suggested the tractor go in with civilian vehicles, but we also leave it up to the entrant within reason.
jeaton01 wrote:Who needs the stress. If you win, then you have to worry about keeping at the same level the next time! That's my logic :whistle:
I don't! If I win, that is just cream on the cake for me. I don't feel like I need to meet anyone else's expectations but my own. That is the kind of thing that takes the fun out of contests and keeps too many people from entering. I build what I build and how I build it. If the judges think it's worth an award then God has blessed me beyond what I deserve. Regardless, I always go into every contest knowing that I'm "locked for Fifth Place" and I have fun doing it!

With all the additional competition thanks to the lockdowns; I have a feeling it's gonna be some time before I ever add to the Trophy Case again, but that is not going to stop me from building, entering and HAVING FUN WHILE DOING IT!

Now I'm going to go pick up my fifth place award...... :giggles:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, with the sheer variety of your build subjects, something that you enter is bound to hit an award placement. I suspect that the rest of the year’s contests will see a lot of certain new releases in certain categories built during the lockdowns, and others will be sparsely populated.

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Mike your builds definitely have a shot at placing every time. I think with the lock down year builders had a lot more time to fine tune their work.

You mean there isn't participation trophies for just being there :headslap: :giggles:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Mark you said it well. I took those three kits to place in the show knowing that, to me, they're not my best work. But I like to enter the contest and show off what I've done knowing that I may not place. And I'm ok with that.

I do wish I had asked about one of the kits in the show. It was a Revell Super Hornet like the ones I'm doing. It had dropped flaps, folded wings and the tail rudders we're repositioned. I wanted to know if that was a resin set or scratch built.

Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Shows and contests”