Do we have a Trophy Case?

If you participate and bring home awards, please tell us about it here!
mustang1989

Re: Do we have a Trophy Case?

Post by mustang1989 »

Congratulations there Mark! I remember that Saturn rocket from a year or so back. The Dora has always interested me (although I'll never build one due to the intensity) because they were so massive! There's just something about a gun that big that commands respect. Your wins are certainly well deserved good buddy.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Joe! I appreciate the kind words. I also am thrilled with Dora. I remember being a kid and seeing a picture of that model in a book and saying to my friend: "I want a model of that in 1/72 scale!". Little did I know then what that would entail or how freakin' big that beast is! Still, I feel good that I was able to fulfill a wild childhood dream!

I also always wanted the Saturn V in 1/72 scale and that's why I never built one before this. I always knew about the 1/96 scale Rocket from Revell, but I just couldn't quite pull the trigger on it. I was just about to give in and buy it when Dragon announced their Saturn V in 1/72 scale so I waited; saved my scratch and bought one first chance I could. Now if I could only finish that 1/72 scale Space Shuttle with Boosters to put next to it!

Thanks again Joe! I'm always glad to see your posts.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark I'm looking forward to that Shuttle build. The two together will make an awesome display!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos! I've certainly got to give myself a swift kick in the tail and get moving on that. It keeps staring at me accusingly every time I walk in the Hobby Room. Maybe I'll bring ti to a Hobby Day and start masking it off there....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Now that sounds like a good plan. And planning is half of the battle...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Indeed. It won't be this Hobby Day weekend due to my bringing my entire collection of small scale vehicles in. I won't have room for something so large. As it is, I'll be bringing ten long, flat tubs of models in addition to at least three other containers. Still, I should be getting to it sooner than later.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

Landed a triple this weekend...

2nd in category "figures" for the Spanish Admiral

http://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtop ... =34&t=1059

1st category SciFi (club voting)
1st category SciFi (audience voting)

for the "Nautilus"

http://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtop ... =37&t=2701
"Did you really pay a big amount of money for only half a figure?!"

FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002809527929
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That is some great work! Congratulations.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Congrats man! All of them are well worthy of their awards. Phenomenal work man!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

For the first time in over a year, I've come home with a trophy to share.

Here is my Third Place award from the Phoenix Nationals in "1/72 scale Single Engine Jets >8" Out of the Box":

Feels great to place again, especially at a Nationals!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Member Recognition”