2019 IPMS Roscoe Turner

If you participate and bring home awards, please tell us about it here!
Floki
Elite Member

Re: 2019 IPMS Roscoe Turner

Post by Floki »

Not just 1/72 but entire stock. The guy who runs the LHS who was sat up at the show told me he offers .40 cents on the dollar. He had made a offer to a friend of mine who was sat up selling books as I was talking to him, he told him to get lost.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: 2019 IPMS Roscoe Turner

Post by Duke Maddog »

I don't know if anyone has spoken to him about his inconsideration for others, but from the sounds of it; any words like that would fall on deaf ears. This guy could care less for anyone but himself. I for one would have words with the vendor; he has the control over when he makes such a sale. The vendors should tell him to come back at the end of the show if he wants whatever is left! That way, the vendor is able to satisfy a lot of customers throughout the course of the show and still reduce the amount of stock he brings back. Selling everything at the beginning of a show, especially a four-day-long show like a Nationals makes no sense if they spent all that money for vendor tables. Granted; the vendor makes back his table cost in spades, but what then? He's gotta face a ton of dissatisfied customers. I personally will tell a vendor to his face: if he sells to this guy at the beginning of a show before I have a chance to purchase something, then I will never buy from him again; and I will let everyone else know how inconsiderate he is as a vendor for his targeted customer base. His actions will have proven that he is for more concerned with money than in keeping me and everyone else as a customer who will continue to buy from him.

Floki, I commend your book-selling friend on his decision to blow the guy off. :shoutout:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Member Recognition”