IPMS OC August 2014

If you participate and bring home awards, please tell us about it here!
Stikpusher

IPMS OC August 2014

Post by Stikpusher »

I dont know if any of you remember this Tamiya 1/35 Type 97 Chi Ha that I built last year, but I had not taken it to an IPMS meeting/contest yet because I did not have a proper commander figure for it. Well I finished one from a Mini Art set, put him in place, took it to the August meet for entry into the contest and took 3rd place in Master Division. :dogwag: It's been a good year for me there when I can attend.

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Re: IPMS OC August 2014

Post by LyleW »

From Hee Haw and in my best Hee Haw voice, "Salute!".....well done.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:yahoo: Thank you sir!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

BZ there Stick
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

I remember this tank, but I am still amazed by this perfectly executed paint job. :bow:
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

whoo! Congrats!!
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Well done Carlos! It was a thrill looking that over at the meeting. You rock!

Now you gotta bring it to Orangecon!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks for the kind words folks. :dogwag:

Mark, I will be working the day of Orangecon so no entry for me or this there. :whiteflag: But I will be sending my 1/48 Panther G build via Jim Frye (or whoever) AMPS... :wow: I gotta get it finished up over the next week or so... After all they did provide me witht hat kit for that purpose...

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

No problem. You knwo you could enter it by proxy; just have someone else bring the model and enter it in your name. I'm sure Jim Frywe wouldn't mind bringing it along with the Panther. Just a thought.

You could also possibly leave it in the trunk and during your patrol you could check out a report of "suspicious activity" in the Titan Student Union building that day... "yeahright: :youwish: :winkgrin: :tongue:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Just a bit out of my RD considering that my patrol are is the other side of the Orange Curtain... :nono: I am too far along in my career to lose my retirement now... :bang:

FLSM

Return to “Member Recognition”