WIP - Hasegawa 1/32 Bf 109 F - Trop

Any aircraft, or missile manufactured by Messerschmitt under said name. Bölkow-Blohm and subsequent merger and takeover aircraft are excluded.
VanceCrozier
Advanced Member

Re: Hasegawa 1/32 Bf 109 F - Trop

Post by VanceCrozier »

Looking good Jim!
I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, smothered in Canadian bacon.
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Although I am not particularly a fan of the black base method, you have done a great job with it Jim. I look forward to your progress.

Joe
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

I love the depth of that paintwork, that is exactly why I am experimenting with the black base methode.
ImageImageImageImageImage
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

wow, that is some really neat paintwork
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

JimD wrote:Thank you dear sir and madam. :)

Laid down a coat of gloss to protect the decals then broke out the Ammo panel line washes. All I can say about them is....best investment ever. They flow amazingly well and don't seem to separate at all. The only downside is that in the course of applying them I did need to seal and re-shake the bottle a couple of times. First world problems...

Here is the grey designed for RLM 76. It's perfect to my eye. It adds the wanted depth but isn't too stark at all.

I applied them as above and let them dry a few minutes. I shot the hairdryer at them to speed things up. Wiped things away with a makeup sponge. I did two applications. If I were a little more patient one application would be enough perhaps. I will give it longer to dry next time.

You can also kinda make out the brown used over the RLM 04. I used that on the RLM 79 too which worked well. (No pic)

I'll let it dry and then I'm going to throw more gloss to seal it in and work the decal film flush with the surface. Then on to filters.
Wow, this finish is very eye-catching. Beautiful work, Professor of Death...

Return to “Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeler Official Messerschmitt Group Build 2015”