Me-323 gigant italeri 1/72

Any aircraft, or missile manufactured by Messerschmitt under said name. Bölkow-Blohm and subsequent merger and takeover aircraft are excluded.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Me-323 gigant italeri 1/72

Post by Duke Maddog »

Looking good so far. I agree that multiple coats will cover the discrepancies. I also think you may be right about the airbrush, but it does go on so smooth and even with one. Still, you've mastered the brush painting so keep going man. and as one who has built a couple 1/72 scale B-52's a B-36, a DC-6, all three V-bombers among others; I can relate about the difficulties in turning that around without hitting anything during painting.

Keep plugging along man!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

Duke Maddog wrote:.. and as one who has built a couple 1/72 scale B-52's a B-36, a DC-6, all three V-bombers among others; I can relate about the difficulties in turning that around without hitting anything during painting.

Keep plugging along man!
LOL and these problems are not solved by an airbrush :D :D :D waiting for better times to evalue an airbrush but after this giant (actually the largest by wingspan in my stash..) it's just normal administation with others... NMF apart :bag:

More updates , he arrives at the part of build tha normally i press on the subject till the end .

65 again, wings almost done with it, out of few corrections, also fuselage received a first layer but in the bottom part totally removed paint after another sanding hard session to improve some "die hard " putty trace :DH:

flaps, 2nd or 3rd layer.. i lost the count :bored:

After an hal hour 65 dry and i can handle the beast for the second upper session of medium green.. hard to believe (humbrol 116) this green have less coverage power tha the 65 :wow: horizontal rudders that looks fine received 3 layers!

Engines covers received their first green, i hope the splinter scheme will leave them out of other masking game.

As you can see i painted the fuselage in 65 too, but this colour jus touch about two millimeters of side fuselage, i want to have a larger surface to try blend colors with drybrush tecnique , also in some parte the scheme incluse some mottling :stirpot:

At the next!
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

Today mottling ,pointing with round brush without waith for dry colors and repet various times

Pieces are nose halves and gear covers.

Also another layer of 65 on fuselage and started masking of white base for yellow but no pictures.

At the next!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

She's coming along real nice! That's a neat technique for mottling.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

Thanx Black sheep :)
Some more update about the nose.. he was in the darker green instead of lighter
With and withouth flash, single layer withouth thinning , i used the humbrol 91

Also started to paint the white before the yellow parts but no pictures .. at the next :)
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

That motteling looks good. Hard to say you did it with a brush! Extraordinary.
ImageImageImageImageImage
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Great paint work Bsy !

Who would ever need an airbrush with those brushing skills, magnifica !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

Thanks guys :bow:
Long session last night, not in picture but under yellow i did two white layers.

Yellow first layer

waiting for yellow drying i worked on wings structure, cleaned and glued on a sprue and two layers of 65 withouth primer

First splinter on left side of gears cover, on the other side no darker green is needed

Second yellow layer in the same session

And started the upper splinter with humbrol 91, masking and painting at same time

At the next :)
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

After lunch progress: third layer of yellow... another one needed :( Another layer of dark green on upper surfaces and removed tape in this zone

tonight i presume more.. at the next!
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

Wow, that is just fantastic. You pit multiple layers on. How do you think your paint?
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others

Return to “Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeler Official Messerschmitt Group Build 2015”