Italaerei 1/72 Me-321b <<Gigant>>

Any aircraft, or missile manufactured by Messerschmitt under said name. Bölkow-Blohm and subsequent merger and takeover aircraft are excluded.
LyleW
Admin

Italaerei 1/72 Me-321b <<Gigant>>

Post by LyleW »

Not sure what I was thinking, at least I can use some of BSY's tricks....if he doesn't mind

Sprues ar pretty much the same as are the 323's, except I don't have the extra engine pieces.

...and, "Yada, yada" on the sprues. I got some RLM74 Graugrun on the interior and I'm getting ready to add the windows...of which there seems to be a crap-load!

Using BSY's idea, I got the flaps glued up....

'Tis all for now.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Re: Italaerei 1/72 Me-321b <<Gigant>>

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Two giants in one GB, that is a rare sight.
ImageImageImageImageImage
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yeah, and one will be good....

Played around with the windows last night. On one side, I used the windows with Testor's clear window glue. On the other side, I filled in the space with the glue and let it dry. So far I'm not sure there is a lot of difference. With my hands, there is a lot of clean up no matter. The glue windows seem soft and prone to bubbles.

versus plastic

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Adam
Advanced Member

Post by Adam »

Beat it into submission Lyle! :boxing:
It's up to you how much money you want to spend and how many new words you want to create "correcting" something.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

my hammer creates a lot of little pieces, Adam! Not expecting too much trouble. The excess glue is easily removed so far.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

LyleW wrote:...Not expecting too much trouble. The excess glue is easily removed so far.
Famous last words! :scream:

One of the gun ports (small and clear) for the nose apparently stuck to my fingers when the future was applied and never made it to the drying box. At least I don't think so. I've sent Italairei a request for a replacement. If I can't get one, I will close it up for both. There are enough pictures of the 321 with and without those upper gun ports....
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Still no word from Italaerei. Oh well. Not much has been done lately A few pieces-parts glued up.

Oh, and annoying sink marks in the elevator pieces at each end.
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

The WIP !!!

Follow :)
I was thinking me too the vinyl glue to reproduce the windows with a new trick invented by a friend: a smooth clean piece of plastic ( a bit greater than the window) fixed in the out of window with tape , then fill the inner with the clear vynil glue . Then waith till dry and remove the tape and the smooth surface . He used a similar product of Kristal kleer but I'll try with regular glue.
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

Tale a look on my wip Lyle, i posted a link for some references link, lots of drawing glider included :)

Return to “Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeler Official Messerschmitt Group Build 2015”