1/48 Promodeler Bf 110 G-4

Any aircraft, or missile manufactured by Messerschmitt under said name. Bölkow-Blohm and subsequent merger and takeover aircraft are excluded.
Paul
Addicted Member

1/48 Promodeler Bf 110 G-4

Post by Paul »

I am wanting to get something accomplished so the detail aspect of this build is going to be almost nil in the pit. You can spend a month of Sundays in that and still not have it come out ace.
obligatory time stamp.

working the pit just a bit but it is really too small for me to see anyway.

Painting ans PE are now extremely difficult for me in this scale so that's why no faces or side panels are done. I am going for the exterior paint scheme anyway.

got the wings on today and the tail surfaces also. I know the tail looks off but I assure you it isn't.

this gap under the wing is filled in with C/A and glazing putty by Bondo. That stuff is smooth in its application and sets quickly and is easy to sand.

Well I guess the tail is off a tad so its going to get repaired later.

more later
LyleW
Admin

Re: 1/48 Promodeler Bf 110 G-4

Post by LyleW »

Paul, this will be a sweet build! Off to a good start. Keep pounding away at it.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

Almost didn't see this one! Good start Paul,, watching!
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Shouldn't this be moved into the Messerschmitt GB?

Oh, and I love the G4 btw...
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

mostrich wrote:Shouldn't this be moved into the Messerschmitt GB?

Oh, and I love the G4 btw...
It should be, I thought I put it there but then I am old and feeble minded.
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

I am going to withdraw this build and go with something larger. I have been having more problems with my eyes and like a year ago my left eye has a detached retina abd the spot I need to see to mask the 110s canopy just fuzes together and it looks like one big blob. I have a 24 scale 109 G-10 coming which I will not have as much problem with because less straining the eyes.

See y'all next week.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Paul, take care of those eyes! I am sorry, though. I have this kit on the way and was looking forward to your build. I'll survive.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

After pondering my situation I finally carved out enough tape to make a half @$$ masking on the canopy.
I came to realize what was not helping matters any was how faint some of the frame work was, try seeing it through my eyes and you will understand.

Anyway, success, so I am almost ready to hit the primer again and then paint.

Yep, going wheels up.

I know there are some things that need attention and there is still some sort of a list on the horizontal stab but at this point I don't care. I just want to accomplish something constructive.

Return to “Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeler Official Messerschmitt Group Build 2015”