Hasegawa 1/72 Typhoon "Ace Combat"

Fermis
Addicted Member

Hasegawa 1/72 Typhoon "Ace Combat"

Post by Fermis »

I am not gonna lie....I was pretty excited when I opened up a mystery box and found this kit!(along with 1/48 A-4M, for the next review!)
While I do like the looks of the Typhoon, I probably would not have bought the kit...other than for a good deal.
AND...it has markings for Ace Combat...the only video game that I ever got into.

Little side story...years ago, we were staying with friends when our house sold a lot quicker than expected or planned for. I rented Ace Combat 4 and got hooked on it. After the move, I bought a PS2 along with Ace Combat 4, and later 5 and Zero....then later versions of the Play Station came out and the newer games only worked with the later consoles...BOOOOOOO. A/C4 is still my favorite...GREAT game!!!

Anyway, back to the kit.
Looking at it in the box, I can't find anything to complain about, and was quite surprised to find a plethora of under wing stores...lots of options! I know Hasegawa likes to only give you fuel tanks, forcing you to buy separate weapons sets...that business model makes me order from someone else, just out of spite.

The box is PACKED full!!!

They even include a stand, to pose the model "in flight", witha couple different mounting options.

Marking options for 2 different schemes, with 4 different #'s for each scheme...giving a total of 8 different airframes.

Fermis
Addicted Member

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 Typhoon "Ace Combat"

Post by Fermis »

I got a bit ahead of myself on this build and didn't take any early WIP shots.
I took this kit with me to the airport, to work on while waiting for the snow to pile up enough to get out there and clean the runway. I just take a basic set of tools and a couple bottles of paint and set up a makeshift bench on the counter.

Several loadout options...and ALL the weapons are in the kit!!!

Thus far, everything has been done "on the fly", away from home and a proper bench.

tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Looks like great kit. I have the Revell and Italeri boxing
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Man those 72nd scale kits build up fast... :clockwatch:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Stikpusher wrote:Man those 72nd scale kits build up fast... :clockwatch:
2 evenings at the airport, with about 6-7 hours on not having to plow = 6-7 hours of model time!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Sometimes I miss having a job like that
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

ACE COMBAT!!!!! :ggun: :yahoo:
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Never have seen these decal "options" before, they really look so beautifully different!
Man, you really have a nice job! :tongue:
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Nice work. I take bits and pieces of models to work on during breaks, too. Some days that is all the time I have. A lot of my photos are done on a sheet of white paper in someone’s office. I did meet a former Boss Film employee that way; I imagine outside of the Hollywood dream factory it may be a looked on differently but I applaud your tenacity as well as your results!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Since I've seen that fighter on an airshow in 2013, I love that little fella. Will wait for a descent kit in 48, since the Revell toolings are quite worn out by now.
Looks like a great fit so far.

Return to “Member Reviews”