The Duke's Space Shuttle

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: The Duke's Space Shuttle

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:I wonder if anybody makes Mercury Redstone, Mercury Atlas, and Gemini in 1/72? :hmm: I think you need an X-15 to round out the US manned space craft collection... :hmm:
Carlos, Horizon Models makes a Mercury Atlas and Redstone in 1/72 scale. I have both of them that I got at the Phoenix Nationals. They are next on my list of models to start. Don't know about a Gemini; did they use a different rocket than the Atlas and Redstone?

X-15 eh? I guess I'll have to go looking for one of those.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, the Gemini spacecraft used a Titan missile for the launch.

Revellogram made the X-15. Hopefully they will re issue that kit for you.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos! Now to go pack for the meeting tonight.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Now that's not something you see very often! Very nice work Mark - well done.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Stuart! I'm so thrilled to have finished this finally.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, pretty soon you’re gonna have a rocket garden to rival Kennedy Space Center

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Carlos, I would love to have a collection like that! I do still need one more Real Space model to make it an official collection of five models.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

So, five makes a collection? Interesting. I would love to see you build that. It would be awesome.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:Carlos, I would love to have a collection like that! I do still need one more Real Space model to make it an official collection of five models.
:rules:

Official at five? :hmm: Is this like cards with five of a kind, or of the same Suite? :whistle:

:tease:

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

That's a great looking build. My concerns in terms of shelf space have always been horizontal. Clearly you have vertical concerns! Well done. I was active in the San Diego IPMS group years ago and I'm certain they would like to see this. David Weeks was a big real space builder down here.
Thanks,
John

Return to “Completed Builds”