The Duke's Space Shuttle

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: The Duke's Space Shuttle

Post by Duke Maddog »

Lyle, yes, in contest rules; in order to be entered as a collection, there needs to be five or more like minded or similar subjects in said collection. Five or more Spitfires of different marks for instance.

Carlos, that could be. I'm not certain why everyone seemed to choose the number five to set the lower bar for a collection, but that has been the standard for every contest I've attended that had a collection category.

Thanks Keavdog! I love those San Diego guys down there. Do you still attend their model contest in June at Gillespie? If you do, feel free to look for me; I'll be in the Orange County IPMS shirt with "the Duke" emblazoned across the front. I'm planning on having this Space Shuttle there as well.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:hmm: ok, it’s a contest collection entry thing... well I suppose it can go to some card games where players are dealt five cards... or of course the definition of an aerial ace being five victories in combat. I’m sure that more examples of five can be found as a standard somewhere...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

First—Beautiful work, Mark! It’s an amazing subject which you brought to life! I know I wrote a ‘Bravo!’ earlier, but I really did want to express both my admiration as well as joy that you are building rockets!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yes Carlos, I guess I should have been a bit clearer. I do want a fifth subject for a collection under contest regs.

Bruce, thanks again. I'm glad to see you posting here. I am hoping to get those rockets moving again, but the finish is difficult to get done. You compliments on the shuttle are most appreciated.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Completed Builds”