Aggregat 4 - 1/48 Pegasus Hobbies

mostrich
Admin

Aggregat 4 - 1/48 Pegasus Hobbies

Post by mostrich »

The Original
The Aggregat 4 was developed by Nazi Germany and operational by 1942. She was classified as a ballistic artillery rocket, but I post her under the space-topic because she was the first man-made object that reached space on June 20, 1944. The official definition of the border to space is altitude 100km or 62 miles. She was a remarkable carrier of technology at her time and can be called the ancestor of space flight. Her chief designer, Wernher von Braun, is well known so I don't wanna go more into detail here.
It has to be said, that the Aggregat 4 or Vergeltungswaffe 2 - V2 (weapon of revenge) like the German Ministry of Propaganda called her, was developed under the massive use of forced labor under unspeakable conditions for the workers.

The Kit
It's the only kit of an A4 in quarterscale. Designed as a snap-kit it's part count is rather low and quickly build up. Compared to the very detailed kit from Takom the rivets and panel lines are more based on artistic licence than scale drawings. The main part of the rocket is made of two parts. The more the engravings are on the outer ends of the semicircle, the more shallow they get. It's a short run kit so this was acceptable for me. I rescribed some of them on spots I had to sand but not all of them. Overall it was a quick and fun project.

When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Aggregat 4 - 1/48 Pegasus Hobbies

Post by LyleW »

Low parts count? Spam together? Hmmmm....

Bang up job!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Norman

Post by Norman »

Simply master class, as expected from you, brother. :shoutout:
Cherrylock
Addicted Member

Post by Cherrylock »

fanastic work on a easy kit
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Torben, there is no such thing as a snap kit in your hands! A masterful job of masking, painting, scribing and detailing the wear and tear of the base.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Beautiful build! If it wasn't for the genius of Wernher the US or the Soviets wouldn't have made it to space for years maybe decades later, wonder what that alternative time line would be like today. :hmm:
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That looks very sharp! I really like the development type paint scheme. :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Thank you, my friends. Much appreciated!
Floki wrote:If it wasn't for the genius of Wernher the US or the Soviets wouldn't have made it to space for years maybe decades later, wonder what that alternative time line would be like today. :hmm:
I thought about that, too. It's a question with a billion of possible answers. And many of them are stuff for great dioramas!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That is beautiful build!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Brilliant work man! That is a fantastic model!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Completed Builds”