Fiat Br 20 e/m Cicogna 1/72

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Fiat Br 20 e/m Cicogna 1/72

Post by BlackSheep214 »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:You could also do a Japanese one, they had some very interesting four colours scheme.
As well as Venezuela, Spain (Nationalists), China (Nationalists), Italy, Fascist Italy....

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/b/917
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, Japan had these too? I never knew. I have wanted to get one of these, but other models have been a priority first so I still haven't gotten one. Maybe later. I do have enough to build for now and I do want to get more finished.

I'll be watching the dual build with interest gentlemen. Start your engines!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

LOL i have the decals for japan use but don't have the kit :giggles:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well, for some ungodly reason, I dug this one out and started it. Going to be a doozey! A lot of butt joints, no real instructions other than "assemble in the numerical order of the arts indicated".....And most of all...no painting call outs for anything inside.

I was getting ready to measure the fuselage windows and cut some masks and I got a good look at the windscreen, nose pieces and the upper and lower turrets. Damn near fell out of my chair laughing. Believe it or not, I found a set of masks for this guy...5 bucks. They are in the mail. Tom, give me a PM with your address....I ordered two.

Oh, there are NO part numbers on the sprues....

Basic interior

And, the space-time continuum opened and one of the control yokes vanished. Yep. was there in place, getting ready to be glued in and poof.....it was gone. So, made another one.

Decals are toast....not sure if I will get some after market or try to reprint these. I do NOT want to try the scheme, though.

https://i.postimg.cc/mDLHR9rZ/Br-20-decals.jpg[image][/image]

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

There are decals available for that scheme. Just can’t remember where I’ve seen them. Give me a day or two...
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

And there are some pretty wild schemes, too!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

This'll be an interesting build Lyle, I love those Italian WWII paint schemes!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks...and, I’ll send it to you for paint! :yahoo:
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

Alright Lyle! Your on a roll now with builds! I confess when working with anything other than 1/32 I usually have plenty of parts fall and disappear in to another dimension
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, Brent! Rolling along on a square tire!

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”