1/32 Hasegawa Bf109G-14 Hartmann

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
speedgraflex

Re: 1/32 Hasegawa Bf109G-14 Hartmann

Post by speedgraflex »

No worries! I know you’ll find a solution! The camouflage as this stands is quite amazing! It’s very patchy and realistic and it makes me feel sad to think it will be disappearing underneath white, but it must...
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Are you trying different shades of white or trying to replicate something else? I know RLM 21 is Luftwaffe white.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Your painting skills are just insane. I really need to get me some of those stencils.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Are you trying different shades of white or trying to replicate something else? I know RLM 21 is Luftwaffe white.
Is RLM 21 what the Luftwaffe used for whitewash? Or was it some temporary paint like what the ground forces used on vehicles?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I just want my white to spray smoothly without spitting. I've been trying plain ole white, whether it is Tamiya X-2,Gunze Flat White or AK Real Color Flat White. Not sure if it matches RLM 21 or not.

Here's where I'm at with the paint mule. Half of this was Tamiya White and other parts were AK RC Flat White. I was trying for a more definitive edge to the white and narrower bands of color in between. Can't tell but underneath is a 2-color camo pattern of RLM 74 and 75 like I have on the upper wing of the actual G-14 model.

Without hairspray, I've tried to create some wear by haphazardly rubbing the white finish with some Micromesh. The paint mule has some surface imperfections and the Micromeshing treatment has a way of highlighting all of these. Maybe this is workable. To be honest, my heart wasn't really into the Micromesh stage tonight... it was done very lazily. Maybe some focused attention will get more realistic wear results.

Maybe I'll attack the other side with a more abrasive grit to see if I can get more interesting effects.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Started making a little more progress on the G-14 since my other builds are waiting for items stuck in the postal system.

The resin exhaust pipes have been painted.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

The German War Library Archive is a great place! I don’t want to generate an abstract discussion but I do think the white colorations show the hands of the maker. I keep reading that the white was a temporary finish. What about loading one of your B airbrushes with tempura paint and use a fine tip to generate the sectional look?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

The photo... isn't this what you were trying to achieve, John?
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

More or less... yes that is what I'm trying to do.

This is a photo of the actual aircraft...
John aka JKim
-----------<><
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

.Image

That must've been one crappy a$$ paint job in that cold of weather! :shocked:

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”