Fine Molds 1/72nd Bf 109G-10

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Bish
Master Member

Fine Molds 1/72nd Bf 109G-10

Post by Bish »

This will be my second Fine Molds aircraft after building one of their Me 410's last year. I really liked that so am looking forward to this one. It will be built as a Nightfighter of NJG 11 in all over RLM 76. I'll be useing AM decals and well as an Fine Molds PE set, resin exhaust and master metal gun barrels.

The 109 cockpit is sparesely fitted out. The AM PE set from Fine Molds is, not very large. I added the fuel line with some wire painted yellow. But i do think there is enough in there for a pit this size. haveing done several 109 pits with lots of PE and resin that you can't see, this is a nice change.

And fuselage went together and wings on.

The final bits were added and then it was ready for painting. Contruction has been paiun free, just what i had hoped and expected from an FM kit.

Paint went on quickly as its an all over RLM 76 with just some black along the wing roots.

And then the decals, these did not take long either. The only stencil is the fuel triangle above the 4 on the left side.

A couple of years ago,a member on FSM built a similar aircraft, can't recall what kit, he also used H Model decals. he pointed out a couple of errors and gave me a great link. One error was the fuselage cross, which is to small in the decal set. So i used one from my decal stash. Another error is the rubber, which the decal set shows is white. This seems to be from a photo taken from the rear right where the rubber is at an angle and the sun is catching off it. Other images clearly show it blue. They seemed to have used this one photo rather than use several which could have put them right.

Not got much left to do before this is done. I will have to restrain my self as to the weathering as the images show the aircraft is spotless. They were apparently kept well polished to help increase speed. Important as their main prey was Mosquito's. So it will just be some light exhaust stains. I also need to scratch shrouds for the exhausts which were bigger than normal because of its night fighter role.

More soon.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Re: Fine Molds 1/72nd Bf 109G-10

Post by Modelcrazy »

Excellent job Bish
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wow, that was quick. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Thanks guys. Ye, it has gone together really fast, less than 2 weeks to this. And thats with building an Fw 190 as well.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Quite nice work!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Nice work on a very cool subject! I really like the look of these RLM76 109's. This one is very clean but I wouldn't say spotless...

John aka JKim
-----------<><
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Thanks guys.Kim, i have not seen that last image. ye, your right, i was exagerating a tad. I will give it a very light Flory wash. But i do believe those pics were taken after it was captured, so not sure how long it was sat there. I certainly won't be giving it a panel line wash.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Looking good Bish. Was the panel lines puttied over on these to decrease drag?
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Looks like a nice quick build
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Thanks guys.

Floki, i have not found any referance indicating they were. Its possable as the rear fuselage looks very smooth in the photo's, but there do look like panel lines over the engine.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”