Replacing Model Master paint......need advice

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Replacing Model Master paint......need advice

Post by Stuart »

LyleW wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:49 am
Gary Brantley wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:44 am

I hear ya. A pistol is always in my "travelin' bag" and out of town trips include a rifle too. Better to have and not need than to need and not have. :wink:
double dog ditto on this. I do not go into Louisville unless i have to. and I have to more than I like. While I have never been in a situation that needed a weapon, the craziness is moving out closer and closer to our county, one south of the county that Louisville is in.
I'd like to say that the fact you guys live in a place where you feel safer carrying a gun used to scare the shit out of me... but the fact is I very rarely leave the house without a knife in my hip bag these days, so maybe I can see where you're coming from. I hope none of us every need them.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
keyda81
Advanced Member

Post by keyda81 »

keyda81 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:22 am

Glad I have my carry conceal. Anyone tries to harm me with physical violence they are going to meet my little friend.

I hear ya. A pistol is always in my "travelin' bag" and out of town trips include a rifle too. Better to have and not need than to need and not have. :wink:
I hope I never have to use it. I really do. Shooting and harming another human being isn't something I take lightly. But if I fear for my own well being or that of my child I'm going to use it. Unless of course my 6'4" 285lb hubby is there to knock someone's lights out. :ballbat: Being a women I'm obviously not as strong as most men out there, so being over powered is a fear I have. So many times I've heard women were not physically able to fight off their attacker. I've had my permit for 14 years, wasn't an avid carrier when I first got it, but have carried consistently since about 2017. So far I've never even felt the need to put my hand on it, and I hope it stays that way. But I certainly do feel better knowing it is there.

I sleep in a pop up camper behind the long hangar at the museum, and let me tell you, it gets awfully creepy when you are back there at night by yourself. I've heard the coyotes, and seen one once early in the morning. So there is no way I'm sleeping back there without my gun. Even one of the guys has a trailer back there he sleeps in every so often, and he carries his with him when he does.
Stikpusher wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:07 am
Gary Brantley wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:44 am I hear ya. A pistol is always in my "travelin' bag" and out of town trips include a rifle too. Better to have and not need than to need and not have. :wink:
Gary, do you have a pick up truck with the rear window rifle rack? :hmm: :giggles: In Louisiana, there was usually at least a .30/30 and a .12 gauge in the rack.

Keyda, sounds like we may have some common DNA from way back by your character traits regarding suffering fools that you described… :whistle: :giggles:
I've never had patience for rude people. I used to have a filter, but not so much anymore. I call people out when they act like an ass hat. I've literally said to someone "there is no need to go around making everyone else miserable because you can't stand your own life, only person who can change that is you. People don't get paid enough to be treated that way either." I had the manager come up to me and thank me for saying it, cause they obviously can't. This women was just being super nasty to the kid ringing and bagging her groceries. Looked like he was still in high school, maybe a freshmen in college, working for minimum wage, and getting union dues taken out of his pay check. I can't stand to watch people being treated like shit that don't deserve it.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Stikpusher wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:07 am

Gary, do you have a pick up truck with the rear window rifle rack? :hmm: :giggles: In Louisiana, there was usually at least a .30/30 and a .12 gauge in the rack.

I once did. :whistle: Back in the mid '80s, I put one of those Easy Rider rifle racks in my Chevy PU. And, like an idiot, left the first gun I ever had, a Mossberg .22 semi-auto rifle, in it overnight. And sure enough, some neighbor's lowlife stepson took it...but it couldn't be proved. Gone gun. Lesson learned. I've never left a gun in a vehicle since. :wink:

Now, I just slip a rifle in a carrying case and put in the back seat of the Infiniti QX50 when we travel. Usually, it's one of my Kalashnikovs or maybe the FAL para, along with a few loaded mags. I feel better that way. :grin:

Return to “Modeling Discussion”