60 Chevy

Here is the place to show off your completed automobile products.
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Re: 60 Chevy

Post by midnightprowler »

I agree if you're taking pictures for a magazine. For what I'm doing poster board is sufficient.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well I’ve never had a model photo that I’ve taken been published in a magazine. I’ve never submitted a photo for publication in a magazine. Nor do I ever intend to have one published. But for sharing my work on various sites I do like to present my work in the best possible way.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I do appreciate quality photos. After seeing Stiks great pics I got a collapsible photo booth. I haven't worked out all the details on lighting but it's an improvement. I remember seeing magazines shoot pics of models at the nationals using the same technique Lee is talking about though.
Thanks,
John
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

All depends on your budget. I have none. Just spent another $400 we don't have on plumbing and Monday the wife's car goes in for a $1000 repair. Plus I'm paying off hospital bills from 17,18,19 and 20. Poster board works good enough lol. But I get what you are saying.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I'm too cheap to buy a photo booth is usually my vice. LOLOLOL!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I agree with Carlos; I would love to have a photo booth but I can't afford one either. Besides that, I literally have no place to put one if I did get one.

A friend in Germany sent me the blue tablecloth I use for my finished pics. For thew Sherman finished pics, I clipped it to my new spray booth to make a makeshift photo boot and seemed to work out. At least for the small stuff.

Lee, that is a most impressive truck and I love the plum color.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

I use a roll of blue craft paper, and all the lights in my workshop are 6000 Kelvin so my camera doesn't get confused by different type lighting. Plus it's bright light like an operating room which helps my meager modelig skills, especially during attacks of the carpet monster. But as long as Lee keeps turning out these beauties I'm fine with whatever pictures he posts. It can be hard to beat natural light, but since he lives in Minnesota he's out of luck there most of the year!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I need to get one of those photo booths eventually.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Your truck turned out well Lee. I love the color and like what you did with the grille on it. I do like the idea of these photo booths because it looks like a fold up and put away deal until you're ready for it the next time.

Return to “Completed Builds: Automobiles”