AMT Constrction Bulldozer 1/25

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
LyleW
Admin

Re: AMT Constrction Bulldozer 1/25

Post by LyleW »

Brandons_Iron wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:54 am Man, what a great thread. I have been missing out. I have this in the stash and I have learned a ton from this thread already. Great work and information here. Looking forward to seeing more.
Thank you. Primer is on. Probably won't get to the color until Saturday. It is a pretty neat kit. Not a lot of locating pins and help. A LOT of but joints, but things generally fit pretty well.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

I like the idea of the different shades of yellow. There's a fella that I know on another forum that's priming a Panther in different shades of primer to get the effects that hes after as far as different shades of paint goes. You just have to go light on the color coats to get the desired effects.

Check it out:

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, Joe...That's a cool picture. I used some gray and black. Did not have any red primer.

Second coat of Rust-O-leum Farm & Implement Caterpillar Yellow is on. I do not like this stuff simply because it is enamel and takes 24 hours to dry to handle and probably longer to completely cure out. Covers pretty well, though. Used to the Tamiya "instant drying" stuff.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

I'm used to long cure outs Lyle. Just leave them to gas out and work on another area of the build in the mean time and you'll be good bro.

Progress is coming along well on this one. :shoutout:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

mustang1989 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:28 am I'm used to long cure outs Lyle. Just leave them to gas out and work on another area of the build in the mean time and you'll be good bro.

Progress is coming along well on this one. :shoutout:
That is what I'm doing. Hence the 1/72 Sopwith. . . . Also, the wife has a doc appt on Monday and Tuesday, and since I like to come down to the Piddle Palace in the mornings, it will have plenty of time.
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

I agree with disliking the cure time of some paints. I went ahead some time ago and purchased a dehydrator that I place all my painted parts in and speed dry them. I can take something I wouldn't touch in a week and have it full cured in hours. They will change the way you work.
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I’ve been seeing a lot about these on a couple of FB groups. I have no room for anything else. It is interesting though.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Looking pretty frickin cool Lyle!
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Brandons_Iron wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:56 am I agree with disliking the cure time of some paints. I went ahead some time ago and purchased a dehydrator that I place all my painted parts in and speed dry them. I can take something I wouldn't touch in a week and have it full cured in hours. They will change the way you work.
Don't need that around here, most of the year. Just put your build outside in the desert sun and the paint dries real quick in the dry desert air...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

This is coming along great Lyle!

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”