Sh***y family vacation…

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Sh***y family vacation…

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Thank you guys. My son called in today again as a precautionary. Wise idea. It’s funny though. I wasn’t really keen on going anywhere this year - not Delaware, not even her first idea of going to Montreal, Canada. We didn’t go to Montreal due to air quality from the wildfires in Canada. I really wanted to head out to Maine. But I was out voted 2 to 1… again. :giggles:

I will take my son out to Old Rhinebeck later this summer before he heads back to college. I discovered this place a couple years ago and been wanting to go for a couple years now. It’s a WW1 air museum and they have air shows every weekend from May to October. They even offer airplane rides in an open cockpit aircraft - a Stearman is one aircraft offered rides. Price is $100/pp for a 15 min. ride, more for a 30 minute ride.

Here’s the website:

https://oldrhinebeck.org/

Gary, it’s ironic when you mentioned COVID policies. It looked as some vacate spaces were businesses once thrived pre-pandemic are now empty - especially on the Riverwalk area, even downtown. The pandemic certainly killed off a lot of businesses. Sad really.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Free Discussion”