Kitmasx?

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Kitmasx?

Post by Gary Brantley »

I've recently discovered this website and their mask making service. They will custom make your canopy and wheel masks if you send them the clear parts and one each of any wheels in the kit. That service is free, other than your shipping out costs, but it also allows them to expand their inventory of ready-to-buy mask sets. The masks are generally available in both vinyl and Tamiya tape, or both if desired. This almost sounds too good to be true but I'm taking a shot at it. I'm sending the parts for six aircraft that all have multi-paned canopies and some with really complex shapes, like the Monogram MiL-24 Hind and the He-111. I guess the main risk is loss or damage to the parts while in transit, but I'm gonna roll the dice.

Unless someone comes along with a sad story of misdeeds or chicanery by those folks, that is. :wink: I've got all the sets bagged up and padded with bubble wrap and all that's left is sealing them up and driving to the post office. Here's a link to their site; if you have experience with them, please share your story here.

https://kitmasx.com/
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Kitmasx?

Post by keavdog »

So if they have it you buy it. If they don't you send your clear parts and get the mask for free and they update their inventory? Brilliant!
Thanks,
John
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

keavdog wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:35 pm So if they have it you buy it. If they don't you send your clear parts and get the mask for free and they update their inventory? Brilliant!
Ain't it? :grin: Win-win for us and them. I suspect their vinyl masks might be a lot like EZ Masks. I'm ordering all my mask sets in both vinyl and Tamiya tape. If they work well, they will remove one giant obstacle in building those planes with complicated, multi-paned canopies and might even encourage me to build a few of those kits. We'll see... :hmm:
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I buy canopy masks for all my kits if available. Makes the canopy turn out so nice.
Thanks,
John

Return to “Modeling Discussion”