Three More Vehicles in December from the Duke

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Three More Vehicles in December from the Duke

Post by Duke Maddog »

Lately I've been busy trying to complete a number of vehicles that are fast and easy to finish or are so close to being done that I'm just moving them over the finish line. These are my three latest completions.

First is this Revell of Germany 1/72 scale German Dingo scout vehicle. It was a box left behind at our Hobby Hall, so I decided to build it. I needed decals from the spares box but it is done:

Next is this ancient AMC model of the 1/72 scale German Steyr 1500 truck, done up as one serving in the Afrika Korps:

And finally, there is this last model by ACE; this is the 1/72 scale 1937 Ford Stakebed truck done up as the demonstrator model for companies needing strong trucks. Again, a lot of trouble getting decent pics with my camera and phone; these are the best three of all the attempts I made:

That's all for now; I might get one or two more vehicles done before year end so stay tuned. Until then, comments are welcome, thanks for looking in.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Three More Vehicles in December from the Duke

Post by LyleW »

Nice! With all these going at once, I bet you look like th Muppet’s Swedish Chef slingin’ paint, parts and glue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=5xQWUTyVyeg
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Two tactical, and one civil vehicle. Nice way to close out 2023 for your ground stuff Mark. Keep ‘em coming!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

What's not to like about that stake truck!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Lyle! Yeah, some have had that impression of me!

Thank you Carlos! Yeah, it's a great way to finish the year; especially since the stakebed is number 895 in the collection, but I might not be finished for this year. There's a couple more vehicles might make it over the finish line before year end.

Thank you John! I agree, I"m thrilled to have it in the collection! It's also quite the favorite in all seven Forums I've posted in.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice Mark!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Mike!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

The trio looks really good Mark!

My favorite being definitely the Ford truck!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Kari! You're in good company as dozens of others have said the same thing.

Stay tuned.......
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”