Italeri 1/72 Lockheed C-130K/ C.1

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Italeri 1/72 Lockheed C-130K/ C.1

Post by Stuart »

I know Lyle - cool right?
Stikpusher wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:43 pm I had no idea that they made a Combat Talon C-130… SWEET!!!! :yipee:
Yes indeed, and if you can find it a USCG HC-130, and an AC-130 - personally if I had the space I'd do them all.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

the USCG HC-130 I would pass up myself, but any and all versions of the AC-130 are definitely something that I'd want if I built 1/72.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Ah but you do build in 1/48... just saying...

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

You need to stop. Now I want to get mine 130's out.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stuart, brilliant work! That C-130 looks magnificent so far. I have built all versions of the AC-130 offered in 1/72 scale and have them hanging on my ceiling now. I do want that Jolly Green as my father was stationed at Hurlburt Field about that time. I'll have to be on the look out for that.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Duke Maddog wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:53 am Stuart, brilliant work! That C-130 looks magnificent so far. I have built all versions of the AC-130 offered in 1/72 scale and have them hanging on my ceiling now. I do want that Jolly Green as my father was stationed at Hurlburt Field about that time. I'll have to be on the look out for that.
Thanks Duke! Was he? That's really cool - what did he do there?
LyleW wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:53 am You need to stop. Now I want to get mine 130's out.
LOL! I know, it's such a great looking aircraft!

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Duke Maddog wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:53 am Stuart, brilliant work! That C-130 looks magnificent so far. I have built all versions of the AC-130 offered in 1/72 scale and have them hanging on my ceiling now. I do want that Jolly Green as my father was stationed at Hurlburt Field about that time. I'll have to be on the look out for that.
That's cool. My wife had family there in Ft Walton/Destin so we went bu Hurlburt Field all the time.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stuart, my father was an observer at the Air Ground Operation School at Hurlburt, due to his 115 combat missions flying as a navigator on AC-130 gunships. He was there for about ten years.

Mike, I know the area well having lived there for at least 14 years altogether. I still have 'sand in my shoes' as we say back there.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Duke Maddog wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:51 am Stuart, my father was an observer at the Air Ground Operation School at Hurlburt, due to his 115 combat missions flying as a navigator on AC-130 gunships. He was there for about ten years.
AC-130s? I take it in Vietnam? Your Dad's now on my Hero list - deep respect to him Mark.

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:41 am Yeah if you make the C-130 a tanker, it’s a natural pair up with the Jolly Green/Pave Low

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I believe my sister built that kit back in the mid 70s. I'd love to find it again for myself. I love the box art, too.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”