Connections etc

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
lawman56
Advanced Member

Re: Connections etc

Post by lawman56 »

Actually, we didn't normally have the shields. That was one my LT. and I "Liberated" from a PDF V-100 during "Just Cause"....

Sorry it's blurry, but this is the patch of the 16th Military Police Brigade (Airborne). Every unit in the US Army, (as I'm sure is true in other countries), has colors that signify the branch, an official meaning of the patch design, and an "unofficial" meaning. In this case, the MP colors are green and gold, hence the patch colors. The official meaning is that the brigade is a rapid-deployment unit, (Airborne tab), capable of deploying to the 5 corners of the Earth, (star-superimposed over the globe), and strike with force, (arrow through the star center). We were literally rapid deployment. Required to be able to deploy in 36 hours. We were always "wheels up" 18 hours or less.

Fyi-the unofficial explanation, is "the only unit in the Army who will deploy you all around the world, bring you back home, and screw you until you see stars".....
Joe

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Stikpusher

Re: Connections etc

Post by Stikpusher »

Lol! Some war booty there, eh? Too bad it took another 10 years and another few wars to figure out something that they had already done from WWII thru Vietnam...
Good stuff there!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”