C-54 Skymaster Guidelines and such

Primarily the Revell of Germany C-54 Skymaster in 1/72 scale. But, any c-54 is welcome. Come one, come all.

Date: February 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020. But, let's just have some fun and build this classic.
LyleW
Admin

C-54 Skymaster Guidelines and such

Post by LyleW »

Several members have the Revell of Germany kit in 1/72 scale. There was some interest in a mini-group build of this rascal. She is a big lady with over 100 steps in the build with 352 parts, a full interior and engine build up. Over my head, but then again,, most Snap-tite kits are, so here it is.

Gave it start and end dates of 2/1/2020 to 12/31/2020, but who really cares? Start when you can, finish when you can.

This is a classic and important aircraft in the history of American aviation and global response to crisis situations.

ANY C-54 is welcome!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: C-54 Skymaster Guidelines and such

Post by keavdog »

I'm in! Just scored mine on ebay for $29. Partially started ( poor quality silver sprayed on fuselage and flying surfaces on sprues) but looks like it's all there. Need to learn the group build posting technique here. Probably won't start for a bit as I have 3 other group builds elsewhere going.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Lot's of commercial liveries available for this bird. Need to decide :hmm:
https://www.shopdrawdecal.com/SearchRes ... mit=Search
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

keavdog wrote:I'm in! Just scored mine on ebay for $29. Partially started ( poor quality silver sprayed on fuselage and flying surfaces on sprues) but looks like it's all there. Need to learn the group build posting technique here. Probably won't start for a bit as I have 3 other group builds elsewhere going.
I5 is an intimidating kit in the box. The Fine Scale review I found said it went together pretty easily..I hope so.

When you get started, just start a build thread in this group.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Bummer. I don't have one.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Uh, they do sell them..... :stirpot:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Yeah I don't have the money to buy one right now.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Excellent! I'm in! February is a good date to start.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

I have one Lyle.
I bought it for $12.50 from Hobby Lobby on sale. It had the 75% off yellow sticker on it so I grabbed it and scurried to the checkout before anyone realized what they had done.
It might take a while but I do want to get to it.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I can’t wait to see this one! For that discount, you have to buy it. Great score.

Return to “C-54 Skymaster”