Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

I watched 1917 last night and thought it was excellent. The two actors were just outstanding IMO. There was one break in scenes but other than that, it was one camera following one or two guys the entire time. The actors had to continue to act the entire time, no mistakes, no fumbles, it just blew me away. One guys face went through frustration, sadness and determination within about ten seconds and I felt every one of those emotions with him.

I was one of the best war movies I have ever seen!! Again MHO.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: 1917

Post by KSaarni »

I only learned about this movie a few days ago, has totally been under my radar.

But based on the trailer I just watched, boy will I want to see this!

I have understood the film is loosely based on the battles around a village called Poelkapelle here in Belgium, in other words on the western front, very close to the town of Ypres (Ieper in Flemish name). When sometimes visiting these battlefields ( heck, just a 65 minute drive from where I live), it's impossible to realise that most of the fields where farmers grow their crops, hay and whatever.. Is actually a big graveyard from the 1st world war, not all soldiers were found, even less identified of those were found.

In the background in the picture Ypres

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Kari,
The landscape looks very similar to that. It was filmed in Wiltshire, Hankley Common in Surrey and Govan, Scotland, as well as Shepperton.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Really? I could have bet that some of the scenes really were filmed in Flanders! Looked very authentic!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

My wife actually asked me about it,is interested in seeing it.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Will see it this coming Monday holiday weekend (Martin Luther King Day for all my European friends :lashed: )
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Black Sheep, my guess is you're gonna love it

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I hope this wins best picture; it’s most deserving of the honor in my opinion. The acting as you noted is phenomenal. Plus the sound design, and VFX are top notch. All are really seamlessly integrated into a story of purpose, passion and persistence. Quite extraordinary.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Based on what you guys are saying, I’d like to see it... in a theater. I have yet to see a WWI Western Front ground war movie that has really pulled me in as so many other war movies have. Perhaps this will be the one.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Definitely see it in a theater...my son chose this to go to tonight for his 15th birthday and he's not usually into war movies. It was something else!
Mike

Return to “Free Discussion”