Do we have a Trophy Case?

If you participate and bring home awards, please tell us about it here!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Do we have a Trophy Case?

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks everyone! Blacksheep, I agree. One friend of mine was joking that he gets a lot of 'Fourth Places' (in a First-Second-Third show!) at that show. I replied to him that he's the one that keeps beating me then, because I have tons of 'Fifth Places'! :giggles:

Thanks Carlos! I plan on having them all at the next IPMS meeting. I doubt I'll make it to AMPS this month.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Who is that who took 4th place? I look forward to seeing your trophies in two Fridays at IPMS. Always nice to see our "Orange County Locusts" (how I once heard our club called due their devouring of trophies at meets like this) bring home a few more.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:Who is that who took 4th place? I look forward to seeing your trophies in two Fridays at IPMS. Always nice to see our "Orange County Locusts" (how I once heard our club called due their devouring of trophies at meets like this) bring home a few more.
LOL! It was Jim Spellmire who was saying it. As you know, they don't award anything for "Fourth Place"; hence the joke. Jim took home about four or five awards that day, including "Best Diorama".

And as for Locusts, that is hilarious! That day we truly lived up to the name: every Orange County member who went down to that contest took home an award. The two AMPS guys (Jim and Robert Yeatman) both placed in numerous categories as well.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Like you said Mark, that is some tough competition. Just the guys that you named are enough to clean up a few catagories in any contest. Placing against any of them is well earned indeed! Like old Rodney would say while loosening his tie, "tough crowd, tough crowd...." ;)
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Jim. I appreciate ther compliment.

Carlos, you ain't kidding! Tough crowd indeed. Add to that the tight but fair judging standards they have and it's magnifies the difficulty. I'm going to the Ontario show in a couple weeks. Dora didn't get the chance to go last year so this will be her last hurrah until Columbus. It would be great to see you there but I understand if you can't make it.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Congrats!!!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Medic!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Hey everyone! I just got back from the Ontario Minicon 2015. I am quite surprised and pleased to announce that I have placed today.

Here's my latest for the Trophy Case:

Third Place, Miscellaneous: Saturn V Rocket:

First Place, Armor, 1/48 and Smaller: Dora Rail Gun
Best Armor, Dora Railgun:

I've got to admit, I've had a really good June. I only hope I can place at the IPMS Nationals next month.

Thanks guys for looking in.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: Well done!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Member Recognition”