1/350 Dragon USS Chevalier Finished

Here is the place to show off the progress of your ship builds.
Paul
Addicted Member

Re: 1/350 Dragon USS Chevalier WIP

Post by Paul »

Hey, you. Turn to. Continue ship's work.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Outstanding Fermis! That is some massively masterful work. BTW, I do have a couple friends who do this kind of thing on a regular basis. Amazingly enough, there's nothing "off" about them. Or maybe I just don't see it; being a little "off" myself only building small scale armor....

Can't wait to see more!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Thanks guys!
Having a hard time getting into this one. The sub was one thing...this is a whole different animal than what I'm used to.

Progressing slowly on this one.
A bit of a PITA figuring out when to paint what, as some areas need to be painted before other parts are added.
Getting there though. Still have the light grey to do (obviously)...I'm really looking forward to all the masking... :bored:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That appears to be coming together nicely. I'm a novice at ship building, but yes, it is very much a process of building sub assemblies and painting them before attachment.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Finally got the gumption to do all the masking and paint the light grey. 3 hours of masking...for 5 minutes of painting :bored:

Nothing but fiddly bits now....
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Fermis wrote: 3 hours of masking...for 5 minutes of painting :bored:

Welcome to my world. This is kinda why I haven't masked off the Space Shuttle yet. Great job though; that paint work is magnificent!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jelliott523
Master Member

Post by jelliott523 »

A ship is something I have not attempted as of yet. I would love to someday, but the small PE honestly frightens the ___ out of me!! I have a hard enough time with PE for 1/48 and 1/32 aircraft, I can only imagine the stuff for 1/350 or 1/700 ships. :shocked:
Fermis this is look awesome! I can't believe how small some of that detail is. I would agree with you, its crazy how a company can produce outstanding detail in such a fine scale, but then build an aircraft that is more highly detailed and the parts look like garbage.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

jelliott523 wrote:A ship is something I have not attempted as of yet. I would love to someday, but the small PE honestly frightens the ___ out of me!! I have a hard enough time with PE for 1/48 and 1/32 aircraft, I can only imagine the stuff for 1/350 or 1/700 ships. :shocked:
Fermis this is look awesome! I can't believe how small some of that detail is. I would agree with you, its crazy how a company can produce outstanding detail in such a fine scale, but then build an aircraft that is more highly detailed and the parts look like garbage.
Definitely a bit of "culture shock" with this. This is my first ship, like this. I've done a few subs now, a 1/72 Schnell boat (nowhere near as tedious)...I did do 1 war ship a few years ago, but it was a late 1800's - early 1900's vessel, again, nothing like this though.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Decals done.
All the deck walkway decals are black..on the paper...put em on the model and they're purple (???)...the world wonders.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Considering what the sun can do to stuff at sea when combined with salt water, why not? :Beaver:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Ships”