Stuart's Me410 (Matchbox 1/72)

Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Stuart's Me410

Post by Stuart »

LyleW wrote: :lashed: okay, send in the GB police! :lashed: The decals do look ish-ish, but you are a master.

Love the different color plastic. Now what are you going to build for the group build? Looks like you will be done in a day or two. A regular Duke Maddog build.
lol! Thanks Lyle!

Actually I think I've sorted the cockpit out this'll go together quite quickly. I am going to take my time over the paint however, it's only about the third Luftwaffe aircraft I've attempted.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart, I think you will do just fine with the Luftwaffe camo. The upper surface splinter scheme can be done magnificently with a brush. Nice sharp edges and corners can be achieved with a little pre planning, and touch ups.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Paper or masking tape seatbelts, cushions made from putty and maybe the mechanism for the rear gunner’s sights (the FM represents these as a bar with cross braces) and your cockpit is all set. I believe a good RLM66 (not too dark) and seatbelts are the most visible parts of the cockpit. Truly—through the plastic that will be what stands out the most. Well, at least to me! What do you plan to do? What I think about is painting the canopy braces and rails. Dude! Just imagine you time traveled to whenever this kit was released and build it straight box stock and it’s gonna take everyone’s breath away. In fact I would love to see a competition area for bottle paints, tube glue and OOB builds.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Looking good Stuart. I believe the KG51 aircraft were A-1. Really the only physical difference between an A-1 and a B-1 were the size of the blister guns
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

But don’t the fighter versions attach a weapons pack in the bomb bay? Not to mention different gun packages in the nose itself.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Stuart, I think you will do just fine with the Luftwaffe camo. The upper surface splinter scheme can be done magnificently with a brush. Nice sharp edges and corners can be achieved with a little pre planning, and touch ups.
Thanks Carlos, Hopefully it should look ok, and thankfully I do have the correct RLM colours for that scheme.
speedgraflex wrote:Paper or masking tape seatbelts, cushions made from putty and maybe the mechanism for the rear gunner’s sights (the FM represents these as a bar with cross braces) and your cockpit is all set. I believe a good RLM66 (not too dark) and seatbelts are the most visible parts of the cockpit. Truly—through the plastic that will be what stands out the most. Well, at least to me! What do you plan to do? What I think about is painting the canopy braces and rails. Dude! Just imagine you time traveled to whenever this kit was released and build it straight box stock and it’s gonna take everyone’s breath away. In fact I would love to see a competition area for bottle paints, tube glue and OOB builds.
That's pretty much it Bruce - I've used a few scraps of evergreen to knock up an IP and side panels. The 410 had a split IP so that the pilot could see out of the nose. I've tried to replicate it here. It looks a bit slap-dash but I thin under paint and through the canopy it'll look ok. I also have decals for the instruments and seat-belts.

For the rear station, I'm doing pretty much what you suggested. A bit of tube and a mock up of the pistol grip should look ok. I'm also putting an instrument in the floor - it looks like a compass and is visible in pictures I've seen.
tempestjohnny wrote:Looking good Stuart. I believe the KG51 aircraft were A-1. Really the only physical difference between an A-1 and a B-1 were the size of the blister guns
Stikpusher wrote:But don’t the fighter versions attach a weapons pack in the bomb bay? Not to mention different gun packages in the nose itself.
:whiteflag: One of the advantages about knowing 'nowt about Luftwaffe aircraft is that you're probably both right - I have no idea! This'll be a standard aircraft with the two (or four) guns in the nose and the normal bomb bay - what sub-type that is you'll have to tell me :grin:

AtomCat109
Advanced Member

Post by AtomCat109 »

Cant wait to see this pit when it is complete!
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thanks!

It's taking shape now. The clear parts for this kit are pretty thick so not much is needed in the way of detail - hopefully this should fill it a bit.

I've glued the fuselage halves together now, so the next job is to detail the gunners station.

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Exciting I know... :bored:

The cockpit's done...

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looks great. Nicole job. I like the different shades of black...white, red, gray...
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Messerschmitt 2019 Group Build”