Takom 1/35th FV 432

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Bish
Master Member

Re: Takom 1/35th FV 432

Post by Bish »

Cheers BS.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

That's a very good looking build. Bish!
Tommy armor is really underrepresented in the modeling world. Thank you for filling that hole a bit.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That is so true! We have a decent selection of Brit 1/35 tanks now, but the selection of all the associated AFVs such as APCs, IFVs, SPGs, etc. is rather thin. Same thing for French and West German stuff.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

A decent Warrior would be nice.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Stikpusher wrote:(...) Same thing for French and West German stuff.
I don't complain too much about the lack of modern Bundeswehr hardware. In the last four years or so we got the Panzerhaubitze 2000 from Meng, a whole fleet of Leopard 1s and 2s, RoG's Dingo, the M.A.N. trucks form Hobby Boss and recently the great Puma.
Now waiting for a new tool Unimog... :bored:
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Torben, I’d like to see more Cold War era stuff, both Bundeswehr and French. We have so much Soviet Cold War 1/35 stuff now, thankfully. I am not comp,aiming one bit about that. But not as much NATO is available. I’d love to see the tracked Roland & Rapier vehicle’s, all the cousins of the Scorpion & Scimitar, the Henschel tracks.... The kit selection now is so improved over what was available at the end of the Cold War. But there are gaps to be filled.

Stuart, I’ve built the Academy Warrior in 1/35 when it was a new release, and thought that it was a good kit. But I am not well versed on the vehicle itself, so I can’t say how accurate the kit is. I’m sure that Bish could give a good review. Also, doesn’t Airfix do a nice new tool 1/48 Warrior?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Ah.. I wasn't aware of the academy kit Carlos - I might have to go and have a look for one of those. The Airfix is supposed to be a good kit but it's 1/48th. They did go through a phase of doing some interesting British Army kits for a while but that seems to have stopped now.

A tracked Rapier would be pretty awesome

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart, here is all the 1/35 stuff out there for he Warrior FV 510. Kits, tracks, conversions, decals, etc.

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?f ... %221:35%22

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Carlos, I'll get one of those, it'll go quite nicely alongside the M2 (when I get that finished).

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That it will Stuart! The original Academy kit has the option of building a version as they were initially fielded, without all the add on armor. Looks kinda cool in that configuration. Not so bulky.

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”