1/76 British Mark I tank, Male

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: 1/76 British Mark I tank, Male

Post by Duke Maddog »

Way to go! I built my Emhar 1/72 scale kit of this tank and I'm not sure it turned out half as good as this one is.

BTW, if nobody explained it, these were known as "male" tanks because they had the 6" cannons in the sponsons. The "female" tanks had all machine guns in both sponsons.

Keep plugging man. I can't help with the paint issues on the tracks, but so far it is looking good.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

"My rod was to big" , you rascal! :lol: :oops: :lol: :o :shock:
ImageImageImageImageImage
VanceCrozier
Advanced Member

Post by VanceCrozier »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:"My rod was to big" , you rascal! :lol: :oops: :lol: :o :shock:
Wait, did I say that.... ;)

Thanks folks. Checked the tracks last night, they seem to be slightly dryer, hoping I'll simply be able to carry on with the weathering this weekend.
I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, smothered in Canadian bacon.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Guess this is a rather "historic" kit from Airfix, but seeing your parts here it looks no too bad, indeed. I like your approach to change the guns.
How are the tracks now? Still tacky?
VanceCrozier
Advanced Member

Post by VanceCrozier »

Thomas_M wrote:Guess this is a rather "historic" kit from Airfix, but seeing your parts here it looks no too bad, indeed. I like your approach to change the guns.
How are the tracks now? Still tacky?

Hello Thomas! The parts on this one are actually quite nice considering the age of the kit. Someone more adventurous than I could probably add some detailing to the areas that would be visible through the open access doors/hatches. (Although I don't know how much could be seen?)

GOOD NEWS!! I gave the tracks one session with some Tamiya weathering pastels and let it sit for ... ? how long now? The tracks are actually dry now. I suspect another bench session will be able to finish this little machine.

(and thanks for the facebook post!)
I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, smothered in Canadian bacon.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing this done. I hadn't built the Airfix Male, only the Emhar one. I do like seeing this come together to see the difference between these kits.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

Is this MOFO done or what?
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Hmmm... Maybe the tracks are still drying?

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”