1/35 Trumpeter T-80BV MBT

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: 1/35 Trumpeter T-80BV MBT

Post by Thomas_M »

DoogsATX wrote:
Thomas_M wrote:Who is AMMO, Matt?
Mig's new line since that he's selling in the aftermath of whatever went down between him and AK.
Thank you! Image
DoogsATX
Advanced Member

Post by DoogsATX »

With the paint down, I added a bunch of the extra bits to the turret last night.

Still have a few more to go - some boxes over the rear tube thing, need to finish the commander's cupola...but wow am I glad I paused to add paint because there's no way I'd be able to get into some of those areas now.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Looking at those pictures I wondered why you would start painting with parts as the commander´s cupola still off?!? Reading you last comment explains this.
DoogsATX
Advanced Member

Post by DoogsATX »

Reached the official end of main construction last night. This one has been a slog indeed!

Most of last night's efforts were focused on the commander's cupola. Despite the complexity and number of parts involved, it actually goes together quite well. The MG isn't glued down yet so I can remove it for detail painting and weathering.

The other bulk of the work involved the rear fuel drums. The brackets for these had a very weird fit. I don't think they're supposed to sit at an angle like they are. Oh well.

There are still some small bits not in place. A few boxes that need the paint-before-glue treatment, and the rear track and forward underbelly mud/debris flaps. Oh and all the spare track, which will be added later.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looking very nice. crisp detail. What are you doing with your photography methods?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
DoogsATX
Advanced Member

Post by DoogsATX »

LyleW wrote:Looking very nice. crisp detail. What are you doing with your photography methods?
Thanks Lyle!

Last summer I upgraded my photo setup with a dedicated photo table (white translucent plexi with uplights for underside illumination).

Camera is a Nikon D610, but I may switch back to my D300s for model shots, since the full frame sensor in the D610 has a much shallower depth of field, even at the f/22 that I shoot at.

All images are processed and published through Lightroom. My usual workflow involves bumping exposure and clarity slightly and applying sharpening.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

I would an extra room for this arrangement alone... :shock:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Photography board, Thomas!

I still use a clean paper towel! Yours are a bit better. I have a Nikon D5000, no special lights, yet. Do need to get a tripod, though, first. Who knows where the one I had went. Don't want to go look there, that's for sure!

Nice setup, Doogs.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
DoogsATX
Advanced Member

Post by DoogsATX »

Thomas_M wrote:I would an extra room for this arrangement alone... :shock:
Honestly, size-wise, it's overkill. Particularly for 1/35 armor or 1/48 aircraft. BUT it's big enough to handle the 1/32 monsters like HK's B-25.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

nice to have when you need it! Nikon, the camera of pros!!!

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”