PZL-Messerschmitt Flugzeugwerke GmbH

speedgraflex

Re: PZL-Messerschmitt Flugzeugwerke GmbH

Post by speedgraflex »

I thought of you! Have you seen this??? The camo looks like abstract art, and is quite beautiful. The only info is 6/JG54...
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

So good to see in color.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

speedgraflex wrote:Image

I thought of you! Have you seen this??? The camo looks like abstract art, and is quite beautiful. The only info is 6/JG54...

Oh yes indeed, any info of the colors??

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

STIK!!! STIK!!!!!!!!

Look at this!!!! :tease:

I have never seen this before, need to find a picture without the digital graffiti.
That is wicked cool!
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

Update time:

For the cockpit this is the only real tip I can give that is new, like my previous builds I attach everything that would be mated to both side to the right side fuselage. New tip is don’t bother attaching the lower IP to the stand that is a part of the floor. It fights too much, gets crooked, way easier to glue it as shown. The ONLY thing you have to do before you install the floor section to the bottom is make sure the stand that the lower IP is instructed to attach to goes behind the lower IP. Then when the floor section is sitting nicely, cement from the backside.

Now you will notice the switch box looks like crap, a color PE part goes here. But what I do want to advise you is on the gun platform and the back side of the upper IP and why it looks like crap. It needs to, here is why: if you want to build a closed up Eduard Emil, the gun cover will not sit in place nicely unless you eliminate the gun mounts and sand the crap out of the cover for the back side of the upper IP. No way, no how. So get you ugly stick and make a quick process out of this. Dont even try to make it look pretty since after the cover is install, no one will ever see it again.

But all that work will pay off and the upper cover and upper engine cowl will sit nicely together!

But wait!!!! I forgot one important step!!!! Make sure you install the fuselage magazine panel and supercharger intake panel on the fuselage as the first step of doing ANYTHING to the fuselage!!! Don’t paint or install any other parts without doing those covers first! They are easy and this is the best time to make the strongest bond by cementing from the backside!

The wing saga continued last night too, I just wasn’t happy with the way the gap looked on the radiator cowl so more work went into it. Then I was happy enough but lost rivet detail so out came Rosie, good as it’s gonna get gents before my wife sends me to a padded room.

The first trop got a little update: since I was painting RLM02 I painted the wing slat gap in the appropriate color, other than that one last thing to do before I say she is done:

Messerschmitt 109 Addict
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

WOW!! :wow:
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

speedgraflex wrote:Image

I've always wanted to build a 109 in this scheme. To my knowledge there is a decal sheet for this scheme and would probably be the way I'd lean with it. Just don't feel too confident in painting all those rings. :shocked:
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

mustang1989 wrote:WOW!! :wow:
Thanks Joe!

Doing a final look over in the sunlight, looking at this thing locked away in the dungeon messes with your eyes and lighting, satisfied with what I can see. Wrapped up the cockpit and awaiting the gloss to dry long enough for me to apply the wash. Then it’s time to button up the fuselage and mount the wings and stabilizers. Doing something different then what I normally do to help in the aid of less work on making the lower engine cowl look like it’s one piece and that is to hold off on installing the radiator in the lower engine cowl until a nice fit and finish is achieved. I already trimmed the radiator assembly so that it will be a drop in fit. After that it is my engine/exhaust mod and then fitting the upper cowl, install the canopy and primer away!

This will be the last time you see this as an ugly mess!
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

It is amazing how much more you can see in direct sunlight.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

Stikpusher wrote:It is amazing how much more you can see in direct sunlight.
Good, bad or ugly, it will show you!

Gotta throw on the exhaust, cowl, and canopy and off for primer she will go.

Messerschmitt 109 Addict

Return to “Messerschmitt 2019 Group Build”