Here Kitty Kitty - Tamiya Leopard A4***COMPLETED***

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Stikpusher

Re: Here Kitty Kitty - Tamiya Leopard A4

Post by Stikpusher »

Mud... I like the mud look for this one... one of my other Leo’s will get the snow look.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Stikpusher wrote:Mud... I like the mud look for this one... one of my other Leo’s will get the snow look.
:popcorn:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Hopefully I’ll get some free time on my days off to get more work done on this one...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

speedgraflex wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:Mud... I like the mud look for this one... one of my other Leo’s will get the snow look.
:popcorn:

Something along this line is what I’m shooting for...

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Ok, something completely new here for me... black basing.... completely black for a nice thinned base coat of Olive Gelb. I’m going to try out my new AK Real Color stuff here....

Maybe tomorrow or more likely on Saturday...

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I had to get to bed early and rise early but now I am catching up on your progress! And wow, man alive that black coat looks good! Have you been sipping some “Black Bush,” Carlos? What made you decide to try this?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nope, no Black Bush for me yet... but I will be on the prowl for some now that I know about it... and the Red Bush too... :whistle: although I did have a few margaritas with dinner...
But this was just one of those wild hare ideas I get occasionally. I’ve heard about black basing and seen what some guys at AMPS and IPMS have done with the technique. Since I was considering a monotone scheme, I thought that I’d give it a shot, just to give some more visual interest.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, that looks more like a Black Panther than a Leopard! Nice kitty! I think that black base will help enhance the color tremendously. I'm looking forward to seeing how you apply the green coat now.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mark. One more reason that I went with the black base is because AK Real Color’s take on Olive Gelb looks way too light to my eye. So I am hoping a thin coat of that over the black base will darken it up. The color as I remember it in person, and compared to some other companies takes on it is much darker.

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

It must be just me throwing strikes and gutters but I’m still thinking about Red Bush as well as Black Base Bush, apologies. The Dude must abide nonetheless. It’s Friday. It’s June 1st. Time is flying... or in this case rolling.

When you paint, are you going to use a low psi with the olive gelb?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”