Pz.Kpfw .II Ausf. F, Pz. Rgt. 25, 7 Pz. Div., 1940-41.

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
speedgraflex

Re: Pz.Kpfw .II Ausf. F, Pz. Rgt. 25, 7 Pz. Div., 1940-41.

Post by speedgraflex »

Floki wrote:Keep this great work up Bruce! I want to see this one go all the way!
Clint,

I truly appreciate your support, brother. Things may move slowly forward, but there is momentum building. I have some areas on top to clean up, and one join topside to fill, but I am moving closer to a primer check on top, and, after that, comes the color coat. I’m going to approach the spare road wheel as a side project that I will tackle independently, then glue onto the deck when it is ready. I still have wheels to paint, haha. Well, I’ll get there. Thanks for following. I mean it.

No wheels yet :giggles:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Patch successful. Photo to follow in daylight.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You circled the area to draw attention. What are your plans for that area?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I tried pressure first, which was not successful, then I patched it, which was. Photo to come.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

This is moving right along Bruce!! Looking forward to those pictures man.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

For such a simple easy kit, you find imperfections. :rofl:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Hey now, in 1971 those were not imperfections. :tease:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

mustang1989 wrote:This is moving right along Bruce!! Looking forward to those pictures man.
Mustang! Thank you so much for following along. This is more or less like building a battleship with wheels (my frame of reference), but like with car builds, or any build, the more you adjust the more keeping the untouched surfaces clean and clear becomes an issue. I think I have moved up from 1200 to 3000 grit on the hull, but here you can see the first putty fill for that gap. I actually purchased Surfacer 1000 to make spot adjustments since there is some risk of marring the adjacent areas, but I think I’ll be able to mask the rivets and use more Milliput.
Stikpusher wrote:
BlackSheep214 wrote:For such a simple easy kit, you find imperfections. :rofl:
Hey now, in 1971 those were not imperfections. :tease:
Thanks, Tom. Diversity rules. I have reviewed your forum thread of the kit a few times just to see how you handled the fitting part of assembly. Very interesting. Ultimately we all build the way we want. I do not see the kit as simple. This is Tamiya’s motorized tank line from the Seventies, which has a lot of personality, a fair rendition of the original subject, with potential for a more refined presentation or statement. Diversity of approach makes life… life!
Stikpusher wrote:You circled the area to draw attention. What are your plans for that area?
Carlos! Without your advice, I would be stuck. I am truly grateful for all you write, and each image you provide.

First fill

For a gap I usually fill slightly below the line, then add more. I know a lot of model builders fill above than sand down but I want to preserve the surface details.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Coming along quite nicely, Have you seen a doctor about this sudden desire to build armor? I dare say, not a healthy side road to take.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Lyle! How have you been? I read online a cyclist rear ended your SUV! Unreal. I have seen the doc and have all my shots; I am enjoying this project and improving on skills, too. I have two turrets and I was just thinking I can have one closed and one open, which I think would be cool. Swap ‘em out as the mood strikes.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”