Here Kitty Kitty - Meng Panther A

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
speedgraflex

Re: Here Kitty Kitty - Meng Panther A

Post by speedgraflex »

:bye:

(just waving in absolute relief that I am able to see everything again)

:shoutout:

B/W photos :shoutout:
Close ups including the shot of the scalpel through the opening in the top part (sorry the whatchamacallit you know thingamajiggy doohicky) :shoutout:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Can you appreciate my pre shade(ing)?

Now for the fun part: Covering it all with AK Real Colors Dunkelgelb.

:bye: Torben
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I do appreciate your pre shade. Is this gonna be solid Dunkelgelb or a Dunkelgelb base with a camo pattern?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Classic pattern with brown and green. Of course in the drawings the colors of the stripes are way too opaque.
Will build them up in heavily thinned layers, since they're barely noticeable on the original photos.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

There ya go... no Zimmerit on this Panther?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

On the model? See page 1. :lashed:

It's a late Model A, so Zimmerit is inevitable. Have to say that it looks a bit weak under the primer, but maybe a wash can deal with that.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:hmm: ok... just had to blow up the pre shade photos to see it... it’s quite subtle now... :wow:

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I most certainly appreciate your shading which is truly masterful, sir. I actually think that’s the first time I have seen shading done in a way that fades the dark against the light correctly, so I have saved your photo to my inspiration board when I’m thinking the sky is falling and why are so many parts necessary for so few wheels, yes I know suspension, but still...

I have to candidly admit that I am torn between the darkly purple black coats used by Thomas on his Churchill and now Carlos on his Leopard and your fine light grey one...

I was going to use the smoothest finisher possible just to increase the bite of the color coat on the surface of the tank.

Your choice of light grey was made how? To allow the shading to blend through?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

mostrich wrote:Classic pattern with brown and green. Of course in the drawings the colors of the stripes are way too opaque.
Will build them up in heavily thinned layers, since they're barely noticeable on the original photos.

I am really looking forward to this camouflage, Torben!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

mostrich wrote:Classic pattern with brown and green. Of course in the drawings the colors of the stripes are way too opaque.

I would imagine that in reality, it was most likely dust covering the paint, rather than a very thin paint... but you never know.

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”