IMC 1/32 Bell 206 Jet Ranger

Stikpusher

Re: IMC 1/32 Bell 206 Jet Ranger

Post by Stikpusher »

If the paint is not sticking to the plastic, perhaps a wipe of the plastic with a cleaner is in order. There just might be some mold release agent on there still. And are you using Enamel or acrylic paints? Acrylics tend to be more sensitive to that sort of thing...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Tamiya and Mr. Hobby aqueous on the interior. I'm going to wipe it down now.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Also you may have to treat the plastic by very fine sanding to give the paint “tooth” or surfaces to grip. When my Dad and I refinished or added a new plastic bumper to our truck my Dad insisted upon a good fine wet sanding to help adhesion.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Ok...let’s try this for a third time. I did get all the parts dunked and cleaned off, so we will see.

Got a couple things attached using the Tenax. All three glues pulled apart with little effort, gut the Tenax seemed strongest. May have to glue up a number of things and let it sit overnight.

Now, take any picture of the 206 and you will see frames around the widows on the doors. Not like the way, too big frames on the kit parts. Goodness.....I think the saw is coming out!

And, from the iPad to boot!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

This is your baby, but before you saw her frames, perhaps try a sanding block and see how these look by reducing their depth, or save the sandpaper and try a flat needle file.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Uhh....pics tomorrow on one. I don’t have a sanding block. I have to go scrounging around.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Those little cross braces were too fragile. Every one cracked, broke or came apart. Just too much stress and material to remove for them to remain in place. I added a doubler on the back side of some round styrene stock. Seems to have helped. the saw works fairly well to remove the material where thee is support. Then a sharp x-acto blace to shave/scrape and then sandpaper and sticks. Who knew you could entertain yourself for hours this way! Oddly enough, I am having a good time...mostly.

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Nice work! Is the clear plastic that fits within molded as one piece? You could remove the center divider entirely then add a fresh piece of styrene to the clear parts! And yes it is fun! Enjoy!!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yes, it fits in behind the cross brace. That thought has crossed my mind. Unfortunately, it came right out the other side. (drumbeat, rimshot)……
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Sea Ranger!

You could bend a piece of wire to make the actual window fascia.

:hmm:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Whirlychopters”