Stuart's Jet Thread

All things jet, no props and Stik...no armor even though the M1 is turbin powered.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Stuart's Tamiya 1/48 F-15A Eagle

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:
portman wrote:
Can I assumes it's local?
It was when he was living elsewhere... or so I presume...
Yes. I was living in Fort Walton Beach Fl. which is practically surrounded by Eglin AFB and Hurlburt Field. The 33rd is stationed at Eglin; my father was stationed at Hurlburt as an observer in AGOS: Air Ground Operations School due to his experience as a navigator on AC-130 gunships during the 'Nam. I used to watch 33rd F-4 TFW Phantoms and later Eagles fly over our house all the time; and I am especially proud of the F-15 Eagle from the 33rd called "Gulf Spirit" which had four kill markings from the Iraq war. It would have been great if he had gotten a fifth kill to make Ace, but the Iraqi Air Force stopped flying by that time.

What awesome memories!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The airframe had four kills, but not from a single pilot. One Desert Storm pilot did achieve kills in both Desert Storm and Allied Force. But he didn’t make ace. Between 1999 over Kosovo/Serbia and 2017 over Syria, we have not encountered any airborne enemy aircraft to shoot down. There were several incidents between 1991 and 2003 with Iraqi Migs during Southern Watch and Northern Watch, but very few shoot downs.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:hmm: Thinking I should do something else for this GB too - something British obviously. :hmm:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, you should!

:stirpot:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:giggles:

Actually I'm open to suggestions..
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

:bored: I don't see the Tornado or Typhoon in that mix.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The site is mostly about British built aircraft, although the Phantom and Jaguar are internationally built. The Tornado and Typhoon are built by international consortiums. Theoretically, the last
purely British designed and built warplanes are the Harrier GR.3 & Sea Harriers, and the EE Lightning. The Harrier belongs on the site for certain. That was British engineering that made the first practical operational V/STOL warplane.

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

FLSM

Return to “Jet GB by Portman”