Grossdeutschland Panther A

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Stikpusher

Re: Grossdeutschland Panther A

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:40 am Thanks Stik, hope you're doing okay. That's good news - I was hoping that was the case with my Tiger. I do like the look of this kit though, would you say it was worth getting over the Tamiya kit?
Stuart, you are quite welcome. It's great to see you back on here again! You had been radio silent for a bit. I am doing quite well out here. Yes, on a Tiger, the PE screens should lay fine over the open grilles of the kit engine deck. If you want a Panther D or G, I'd say go with the Tamiya kit, or better yet Takom. But I don't believe that Tamiya has updated their ancient Panther A, so in that case, Italeri has the superior kit. And yes it's worth getting as long as it's not being sold for one of the newer stupid high prices. I believe that Revell Germany also boxes this kit, or at least has in the past. Of course there are better Panther A kits out there from Dragon and Takom among others as well....
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Glad to hear things are well Carlos. Yes apologies for being a bit silent, me and the internet have had a funny relationship this year, I really have cut down quite a lot - I really have been trying to reduce my screen time.

It's good to hear the PE will fit easily - that makes life a lot easier.

Thanks for the info on the Panthers. I might well looking into getting one of these. I don't know much about Takom kits but I know I've never really fancied building a Dragon one - I've heard too many horror stories!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well this one is my primary project again...

I had done some minor work on it in the meantime while I worked on other projects... I primed the top deck and later painted it all in Dark Yellow to get photo etch screens looking proper

Yesterday I began adding mud texture to the lower hull and bottom of the sponsons

and today I finished up paint the inner surfaces of the tracks prior to getting them installed

more to come in a few days..
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Wow! Very nice texturing of all that dirt Carlos!

Good to see this being picked up again, I'd like to get back to my Tiger build too - I got a bit side tracked off it and haven't had the chance to return to it yet.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Stuart! I want get this one wrapped up within the next couple of weeks…. We shall see…

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

This afternoon I got the tracks made into their single piece loop and installed them. I drilled holes in the hull side to run pieces of music wire thru to hold down the top runs...

But I think that I'm gonna need to glue down the top run with epoxy or CA for a better look...

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Using the wire is a good idea, I've not heard that one before - they look good Carlos!

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you! Yes using wire is an old school method. But I think that steel music wire bows too easily under slight pressure, like here… :hmm:

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Classy chassis…
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes it is :wink: I have one side of the tracks glued down with an epoxy glue, the other side is setting now. I'll have photos tomorrow...

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”