Stik's Motor Pool- updated 2/4/24, pg.7

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Stik's Motor Pool- updated 1/5, page 2

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, that's a lot of models. I doubt I'll go by years since I've built so many in each year, I don't remember what years I finished most of them. So I'll probably post by country instead. I do still have all mine as I can't bring myself to throw out a completed model.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Aside from a handful of builds, I don't recall when I made many of the older ones exactly.... Only where I was living at the time, so that narrows down the timeframe somewhat.... As far as getting rid of models... Many of the old ones I gave to my kids to play with....
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That's cool, giving them to the kids to play with. At least they provided good fun before they went away. My mother did that for me; giving me her ships she had built when she was a kid. That's what got me started in model building.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I did that to my own builds as a kid.....countless tank battles fought with a bb gun or a pellet gun. Aircraft falling from the sky - on fire. Oh the humanity.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:I did that to my own builds as a kid.....countless tank battles fought with a bb gun or a pellet gun. Aircraft falling from the sky - on fire. Oh the humanity.
yes indeed... it's a good thing that parents never spent much time in then backyard when I was a lid or they might have wondered about the scorch marks on the lawn from the close air support strikes... :winkgrin:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Continuing down memory lane.... we have builds from 1988 thru 1994... there are too many to put in one post and I am only about 1/3 or so of the way done taking photos of those builds, so I will break this part up into a few posts...
first up, the WWII Red Army....
all are 1/35

Tamiya T-34/76 1943 (early)

Tamiya T-34/76 1943 (late)

Tamiya T-34/76 1942 (modified from a T-34/76 1943 kit, now with a Maquette turret and recently overhauled/reworked)

Tamiya T-34/76 1942 (late)

Tamiya T-34/85

Tamiya Su-85

Tamiya Su-122

Tamiya KV-1 1941(modified from a KV-II with a MB turret)

Tamiya KV-1B 1941

Zvezda/Italeri BT-5

Tamiya GAZ 67B

then come my smallest national collections from that time Japan and Italy
from Japan
Tamiya Type 1 Ho Ni

from Italy
Tamiya Semovente 75/18

Italeri M13/40 (rebuilt)

more to follow...

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

And from the German side, built between 1988 and 1994... all in 1/35

Tamiya Sd kfz 232

Tamiya Sd kfz 223

Italeri Zundapp KS750 Motorcycle (part of a set)

Italeri Panzer IV F.2

Tamiya Sd Kfz 7/1 Flakvierling

Tamiya Panzer Mk.II F

Tamiya Panzer IV D

Testors/Italeri Panzer 38T

Tamiya Stug.III (backdate conversion using sheet plastic and spare parts from a III G to a III E- done before Dragon did their Stug series)

Tamiya Panzer III J (backdated from the Mk.III M/N kit- before Dragon did their Mk.III series)

Tamiya Sd Kfz 222

Tamiya Sd Kfz 251/3C

Tamiya Kubelwagen

Tamiya SdKfz 2 Kettenkrad

Testors/Italeri BMW R75 (the other half of the set)

Testors/Italeri Jagdpanzer 38 Hetzer

Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV

Academy (Tamiya clone) Panzer IV H

Testors/Italeri SdKfz 234/2 Puma

Tamiya Marder II (my first airbrush camo)

Italeri Panzer IV G

Tamiya Stug. III G

Now I just need to photograph my US & UK WWII builds, and modern armor builds from 1988-1994... stay tuned... :chair:

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

My goodness. Quality and quantity.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

neat stuff, Stick. What do you do for an encore?
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys... there is more to come still... a LOT more.... keep watching in a day or two...

FLSM

Return to “Member's Gallery”