1/48 Eduard 109G and another G and an E

Any aircraft, or missile manufactured by Messerschmitt under said name. Bölkow-Blohm and subsequent merger and takeover aircraft are excluded.
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Re: 1/48 Eduard 109G

Post by Manny1943 »

JimD wrote:Maybe he's been busy shoveling snow? Or it's just too dang cold to leave bed...or before long he will unload a massive update on us and this one and 5 others will be complete :D
I dunno---I think he's bluffin about this whole recon version thing...
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

I suspect he's taking pictures of us from above while we're doubting... :?
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

mostrich wrote:I suspect he's taking pictures of us from above while we're doubting... :?
Aint dead yet!!!

I piled on a little more...so it's just taking a bit longer. Should have some pics in a while, when I finish up the pits.
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

faster faster we need a new master!
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

I found some nice G-8 refs:

Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Alright...here we go!!!

Was just planning on the one build for this...but I just don't roll that way!
The G-6 to G-8 conversion build is with a set of "Overtrees"(???)...just the kit, in a plain white box, no instructions, no decals...along with the Brassin pit and engine. Since I had more kits on hand, may as well throw em in the mix too!!!
Another G-6 Profipack and an E Profipac.

Comparison of kit parts vs. Brassin.

I added some wiring/plumbing and other detail to the kit parts. It bugs me, that they'd put out some mediocrity so that you have to spend more money to get something good. I'd never make it as a business man...I curse my conscience!

Anyway, pics before they all get closed up!
(Brassin on left)

I painted a more appropriate RLM66 over the purple that Eduard gives you on their PE. Clear glue for the inst. faces. Added wire to gunsights.

Brassin pit...

Kit pit...

E pit...

Will be going open cowl on this E. Still have a lot to do on the engine details, that'll come later.

Nice PE for the inner cowl detail.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Some good fermis magic! Like what is happening.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

A few things:

1) I love your PITs and want to sit in them...

2) I'm diggin your new white backdrop for your pics---color of pics seems more natural.

3) Once everything is painted up there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of qualitative difference in the BRASSIN and OOB PIT for the G. The biggest difference seems to be some shape differences on the R wall???

4) Is the third 109 an E-3 or E-4, and what scheme? Also, what scheme for the second G?
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Much thanks guys!

There's a fair amount of difference between the Brassin and kit parts. I added to the kit parts quite a bit, to make it a bit closer to the Brassin stuff. I was bothered by the differences...maybe I'm just thinking too much. A lot of the details in the resin could have been done with the plastic parts...but then, I guess they wouldn't have the opportunity for the Brassin "money grab". Even the PE between the Brassin and profipack is different. I don't get it...different stuff for the exact same plane, from the same company...????... :chair:

Anyway....I'm eye ballin this scheme for the other G...

Whether or not it will end up there...not 100%. I like it most, for the included schemes....but I really like schemes that have been field modified w/ painted over/changed markings.

I'm really diggin this E-7!!! (for the same reasons stated above)

Return to “Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeler Official Messerschmitt Group Build 2015”