4x4 MRAP Kinetic 1/35

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Stikpusher

Re: 4x4 MRAP Kinetic 1/35

Post by Stikpusher »

Coming along very nicely Thomas. Quite interesting on how Kinetic added some contours not there on the real thing. This thing is starting to take on a real "Mad Max" look.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Thanks, Stik!
And to my surprise it´s a much taller vehicle than I thought of just a 4-wheeler. I hope to spray the IP soon, I have already done some masking on it. But, realizing that almost nothing will be seen later I prefer laziness to perfectionism here...
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Ok, time for an update!

I almost forgot to do this strange part that goes into the crew room of the MRAP:
Any idea what this could be? Fire extinguisher?

Front doors have been finished. They only need the tinted clear parts added and then are ready to be glued shut. Here is a lst view of their inside face:
Followed the pictures of a real vehicle you guys provided me the links to. Thanks again for those! The placard is from Archer.
I did the door seals (black lines) with a stamp I cut from a piece of insulation foam my wife was working with!
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

The dash has been finished:

I first did spray it off-black, then masked dials and IP with 502 Abteilung Liquid Mask. A coat of satin grey did follow, together with some little detail painting and pigments. The computer screen is a picture I found on the Net, resized in Photoshop and printed on our CANON (! Lyle !) colour printer on photo paper. I glued it on using Gator glue.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Neato! Or is that NATO? I like it!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

The non-fitting inserts on the front of the hood have been filled with Magic Sculp and sanded:

Tinted clear parts have been added, together with some PE meshes airbrushed in black. No idea what those are for, but they are in!

Another screen has been added above and in front of the driver:
Also visible tiny PE louvres. Air condition, I guess.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Some more PE covers added on the outside:

Some gizmo added to the interiour. Looking at pictures of the real vehicle a ton of other equipment is missing! But for I am going to close all doors I am fine with what is given.

Here is what has been done so far on the inside, before adding the dashboard and closing the hull:

More to follow!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Very nice detail work.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Thank you, Lyle! Just a little bit of drybrushing with oils! :tongue:
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

The meshes more likely netting to store stuff. Like a box of Twinkies or something.... :drum:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”